Question to lovestock sellers. Newbie here, how do I go about acquiring money from a customer?

W0terMoist

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Livestock sellers* don't know if I can edit the posts title.

My main question is about the transaction.

Reviewing the rules of transactions it says to be weary of PayPal, Venmo and what not and that transactions that are "gifts" are not allowed.

Can I be paid through Venmo? If so, how can I do it without breaking the rules?

How about PayPal? I see that there is an option to create a business account (it says it gives more protection to the seller). Can I request funds without a sellers account, or should I make one?

I am wanting to do either cash payments or a cash transfer through an app. Does anyone have experience with the cash transfer option like Venmo, PayPal, or any other method? Are there things I should look out for when it comes to online money transfers incase someone tries to bamboozle me?

cmaxwell39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use PayPal, you just are not allowed to request that the buyer sends the money as a gift (friends and family transaction I think it is called). You do not have to have a business account.

Since the money that you receive from the buyer is not a gift you will be required by paypal (or whatever service you use) to pay the associated fees for the transaction.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 34.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back