Question

Saltygal2.0

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question. I went to petco two weeks ago.i post a thread on here. Saying i got an anemone. The anemone is doing great. I got a new light. My question is what kinda pf anemone do i have? So i have Majano anemone or if its an bubble tip anemone. Petco told me it was an bubble tip.

20210925_093850.jpg

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to tell by the pic. Is it always retracted like that?

OP
OP
Saltygal2.0

Saltygal2.0

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, not all the time. Sometimes it staying up tall. Is there something wrong with it?? I cant get close to it. The clownfish fish tries to bite me. If i get close to it lol.

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a sick/unhealthy bubble tip

OP
OP
Saltygal2.0

Saltygal2.0

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Iron its 0, copper its 0.5 ( iv3 been trying to get it to 0.)
Nitrate 0, nitrite is 0.( i cant seem to brang that up.) Alkaline its 80. Im looking at my test.
I keep my light on all day till 5pm. I also have

Seachem PhosGuard in my 55 canster. Now im worried​

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Iron its 0, copper its 0.5 ( iv3 been trying to get it to 0.)
Nitrate 0, nitrite is 0.( i cant seem to brang that up.) Alkaline its 80. Im looking at my test.
I keep my light on all day till 5pm. I also have

Seachem PhosGuard in my 55 canster. Now im worried​

Not sure on acceptable levels of copper for inverts but could be an issue. Others can chime in. Nitrate being 0 is also some concern.

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
API is extremely inaccurate. You also need to test
Alkalinty
Calcuim
Mag
Nitrate
Phosphate

REEFTIDE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, i would have to go to ATL for that
Okay, I would consider buying a little bit better test kits so that moving forward you get way more accurate results API is known to be a little off sometimes.
You really should not be registering copper in your tank. Do you put the petco water in your tank when you buy fish?

I would recommend a couple water changes to help dilute, wait a couple days then check with better kits. Also, what are you checking your salinity/ specific gravity with?

OP
OP
Saltygal2.0

Saltygal2.0

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, I would consider buying a little bit better test kits so that moving forward you get way more accurate results API is known to be a little off sometimes.
You really should not be registering copper in your tank. Do you put the petco water in your tank when you buy fish?

I would recommend a couple water changes to help dilute, wait a couple days then check with better kits. Also, what are you checking your salinity/ specific

I would recommend a couple water changes to help dilute, wait a couple days then check with better kits. Also, what are you checking your salinity/ specific gravity with?
I will do a big water change today. I have a instant ocean hydrometer . A cheap one. I never pour fish water from a different place into my tank. This is my first saltwater aquarium. I did it to save a fish .

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 110 87.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back