Questions about ICH

aquakj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
surely its too much work. but I reckon given a choice between 'doing a lot of work' and 'staring at an fishless tank for 76 days' almost every one will chose the former.
also, i think catching and moving fish to a relatively smaller tank will alleviate the stress. corals handle such a transition much better and can still thrive in smaller tank.
Personally, I would not recommend this for the following reasons:

- If using copper, pretty much everything in a Display will absorb it and leach it out later to poison future livestock
- Stressing out everything else in the tank, including the fish
- You will need to remove/stop other chemical/mechanical filtration in the Display
- I just think its much more work overall
Yea I would not recommend this either, you cant really guarantee all the meds will be out of the tank, at that point you are risking your corals as well, I do agree that the transition for fish into a qt can stress them out to the point of death, so moving slow and not medicating after the move could help, and you cant be selfish and want to see fish in the DT its all about patience...either way its always going to be a lot of work.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back