Questions about my 4 Stage Value Plus 75GPD RO/DI System.

chrisdonzella

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!
I have some questions as I am getting back from a 12 year break and realized just how much has changed. I am trying to take my time, plan, think, plan again and then still make the wrong decision.

I just received my 4 Stage Value Plus 75GPD RO/DI System from Bulk Reef Supply. I am planning on setting up a water station with a 32G brute garbage can (eventually 2), a float switch and bulkhead with faucet to easily transfer to a 5G bucket when needed.

Here is my question: The system comes with a "pre-installed Automatic shut-off valve" but does that mean when my float valve shuts the supple of water entering the can, will the back pressure trigger the "pre-installed auto shut-off valve" and the RODI system stops?

I want to make sure it doesn't "stay on" and just dump all the water out the waste line.

Thanks!!
Chris

seant2h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you’ve got it correct to me where stopping the RODI end product with a float crates pressure that stops the source therefore stopping the waste as well. I think it’s one of these:

I’ve used them in two different systems and I was told that they are a common failure point so I’ve always kept an extra on hand but I haven’t had one fail… yet!

hope this helps - S

OP
OP
C

chrisdonzella

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you’ve got it correct to me where stopping the RODI end product with a float crates pressure that stops the source therefore stopping the waste as well. I think it’s one of these:

I’ve used them in two different systems and I was told that they are a common failure point so I’ve always kept an extra on hand but I haven’t had one fail… yet!

hope this helps - S

That's what's on the system I bought - it all as one package (TDS Meter, pressure gauge, etc...) already plumbed together.

This is the one I bought:

Thank you!!

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!
I have some questions as I am getting back from a 12 year break and realized just how much has changed. I am trying to take my time, plan, think, plan again and then still make the wrong decision.

I just received my 4 Stage Value Plus 75GPD RO/DI System from Bulk Reef Supply. I am planning on setting up a water station with a 32G brute garbage can (eventually 2), a float switch and bulkhead with faucet to easily transfer to a 5G bucket when needed.

Here is my question: The system comes with a "pre-installed Automatic shut-off valve" but does that mean when my float valve shuts the supple of water entering the can, will the back pressure trigger the "pre-installed auto shut-off valve" and the RODI system stops?

I want to make sure it doesn't "stay on" and just dump all the water out the waste line.

Thanks!!
Chris
I have a 4 stage BRS rodi but no sure about a shut off valve. Do you mean the shut off switch for the booster pump?
If so the shut off switch turns the booster pump off when it detects back pressure that it gets when your reservoir is full and the float valve closes.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.1%

Back