OP
OP
Gabe

Gabe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use a regular wood blade move at a decent speed not to fast and not to slow, any router bit will work for acrylic, buy a pack of acupuncture needles from Amazon and put them in between the pieces your going to glue apply the Weldon and remove the needles one at a time you will end up with a perfect joint. As for the edges you can wet sand with high grit wet sand paper until fully polished
Interesting. I had ordered some 30 gauge wire for the "pin method" as I heard people were using thicker with some success too. I do have a new 42 TPI TCG blade for the table saw coming and I have some dry teflon lube I was going to use on the blade. This tank will likely just be a little frag tank, so I will probably build in an all-in-one section. I got some 3/16" black acrylic for that purpose, so tomorrow if I have time in the afternoon I will probably start by working cutting all the 1/2" sheets to size (I have a black bottom and back sheet) and maybe even going as far as welding the back wall to the bottom sheet.

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Local Glass Shop, gave me a better tip, than the Teflon Spray. Lightly Rub a Bar of Bee’s Wax along the cut line on both sides, leave the backer film on like you would normally do. Cuts were super smooth, also I could see the Wax on the Table Saw Blade.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back