Questions on AWC hoping for GHL

MiniBukta

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im ready to set up and AWC because I’m tired of dragging buckets and the spills.

*180 gallon DT, ruby 36 sump*

So far, I’ve ran 4 lines down to the room below in the basement, got a 55 gallon brute so it can run for 3 weeks before needing to be cleaned and refilled, but I’m still trying to figure out what doser/controller to get for it all, and that’s where I need help.

I was planning on getting a GHL maxi doser and doing it that way, with a high drilled 1/2” overflow coming out of the sump into the drain as well as a fail safe. But it appears they’re discontinuing that model? At least I’ve seen that in a couple threads, and I can’t find it anywhere.

What are other good alternatives? I’m okay with decent price tag if it’s something I know I don’t have to mess with and can reliably trust.

Or should I stick with the GHL maxi doser if I can find one? It seems their pump bodies swap with the apex doser bodies, which I would replace yearly or as needed.

Any help would be much appreciated so I can get the final piece ordered and be done spilling water up and down the stairs!

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the GHL Maxis and you likely read threads I posted about them being discontinued. And my comparison of the heads between the DOS and GHL

If you run an APEX a DOS will do the job.

The Ecotech Versa will be a good AWC option if they can get them out and in production.

Also look at Spectrapure Litermeter with a spare pump.

Back