Questions on some treatments?

Stege_saurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few questions regarding some disease treatments and methods...
-Is "Kick Ich" reliable?
(Is it a proven method to help against or prevent Ich?)
-Are UV Sterilizers a reliable preventative measure in terms of disease/parasite treatment and/or prevention?
-In addition to quarantining, would these other methods be helpful as preventative measures?
-What are a few good multivitamin treatments to help aid immune systems for fish?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
-Is "Kick Ich" reliable? I'VE USED IT WITH SUCCESS BUT BE CAREFUL ON AMOUNT APPLIED. ITS STRONG

-Are UV Sterilizers a reliable preventative measure in terms of disease/parasite treatment and/or prevention? THEY ARE HELPFUL IN PARASITE BUT MAINLY ALGAE AND BACTERIA

-In addition to quarantining, would these other methods be helpful as preventative measures? PRETREATING TANK WITH PRAZIPRO OR COPPER

-What are a few good multivitamin treatments to help aid immune systems for fish? VITACHEM, SELCON VITAMIN AND GARLIC EXTRACT

OP
OP
Stege_saurus

Stege_saurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
-Is "Kick Ich" reliable? I'VE USED IT WITH SUCCESS BUT BE CAREFUL ON AMOUNT APPLIED. ITS STRONG

-Are UV Sterilizers a reliable preventative measure in terms of disease/parasite treatment and/or prevention? THEY ARE HELPFUL IN PARASITE BUT MAINLY ALGAE AND BACTERIA

-In addition to quarantining, would these other methods be helpful as preventative measures? PRETREATING TANK WITH PRAZIPRO OR COPPER

-What are a few good multivitamin treatments to help aid immune systems for fish? VITACHEM, SELCON VITAMIN AND GARLIC EXTRACT
If I wanted to dose my 120g display tank with kick ich, what is the correct amount and method? I've never used it before, since I've never really had an Ich issue. Just trying to learn and be prepared just in case.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
If I wanted to dose my 120g display tank with kick ich, what is the correct amount and method? I've never used it before, since I've never really had an Ich issue. Just trying to learn and be prepared just in case.
Unless you have ich present- don't do it. The fish can build an immunity to it and when you do need to actually treat, they may not respond. If you want to dose lets say 5-10% of dosage as a preventative, yes proceed. As cautious as we want to be, no need to treat for a non=present condition

OP
OP
Stege_saurus

Stege_saurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless you have ich present- don't do it. The fish can build an immunity to it and when you do need to actually treat, they may not respond. If you want to dose lets say 5-10% of dosage as a preventative, yes proceed. As cautious as we want to be, no need to treat for a non=present condition
Im just researching and trying to be ready, just in case. I may be a little paranoid but I saw one of my fish scratching against the substrate last night, however there's no signs of anything on him, and he hasn't done it since. I always try to be as prepared as possible.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Im just researching and trying to be ready, just in case. I may be a little paranoid but I saw one of my fish scratching against the substrate last night, however there's no signs of anything on him, and he hasn't done it since. I always try to be as prepared as possible.
What type of fish as wrasse knowingly scratch as does some triggers

OP
OP
Stege_saurus

Stege_saurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of fish as wrasse knowingly scratch as does some triggers
Striped Blenny. I've seen him do some weird things before, such as when he was in quarantine, he would put his rear end in the air stone until he saw me. He would also curl around the filter. He's doesn't show any signs of sickness, and is a very curious fish to be honest.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Striped Blenny. I've seen him do some weird things before, such as when he was in quarantine, he would put his rear end in the air stone until he saw me. He would also curl around the filter. He's doesn't show any signs of sickness, and is a very curious fish to be honest.
LOL . . . Blennies do strange things.

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kick ich is a waste of money imo, you may as well dose orange juice and hope for the best. the company doesn’t disclose any ingredients so it may very well be OJ...

Home sized UVs won’t do anything to ich, commercial ones would catch free swimmers but are very pricey and can not be run in a home.

DE filters will remove ich but are somewhat impractical. Small aquarium sized ones aren’t built for continuous use. You need a pool sized one to run for a few weeks, likely months to knock down ich.

Vitamins can’t hurt, I add selcon when I have it. If you feed pellets, most are already combined with vitamins. Nori can help herbivores.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Kick ich is a waste of money imo, you may as well dose orange juice and hope for the best. the company doesn’t disclose any ingredients so it may very well be OJ...

Home sized UVs won’t do anything to ich, commercial ones would catch free swimmers but are very pricey and can not be run in a home.

DE filters will remove ich but are somewhat impractical. Small aquarium sized ones aren’t built for continuous use. You need a pool sized one to run for a few weeks, likely months to knock down ich.

Vitamins can’t hurt, I add selcon when I have it. If you feed pellets, most are already combined with vitamins. Nori can help herbivores.
That's right. Building the immunity system with proper foods and vitamins and garlic to boost immunity system best recourse

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 67 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back