OP
DrewBR

DrewBR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something doesn't smell right. :) If the VCC and +5v pins have continuity then VCC isn't +12v. I'm pretty sure you only want +5v. The relays are 5v, not good if you put 12v to them. If the 5v supply isn't enough power it's due to lack of current available. Each relay draws 60 - 80 mA so lets say 100mA x 16 relays = 1.6 amps required to activate all relays at same time. If you get a 2-3 amp 5v power supply you should be set.
I managed to get some free time today to test it. I don't get it but it defenetly needs the 12V power. I tried the 5V but the board was unresponsive. I'll try sharing an image later

OP
OP
DrewBR

DrewBR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I managed to get some free time today to test it. I don't get it but it defenetly needs the 12V power. I tried the 5V but the board was unresponsive. I'll try sharing an image later
Upon further testing the issue with 5V was the power supply. The relay works fine with a 5V power supply. I assume it can also run on 12V but there is no reason to use it. Now I'm waiting for the USB-C connector to actually do the full assembly

robsworld78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Upon further testing the issue with 5V was the power supply. The relay works fine with a 5V power supply. I assume it can also run on 12V but there is no reason to use it. Now I'm waiting for the USB-C connector to actually do the full assembly
Glad you got it working but don't put 12v anywhere directly on that board unless there's another pin we haven't seen.

OP
OP
DrewBR

DrewBR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you got it working but don't put 12v anywhere directly on that board unless there's another pin we haven't seen.
I did put 12V on the VCC on my fist test and everything seemed fine. When I ran it with a script I used another 5V power source and it worked as well. My guess it that it can work on 12 V if a proper circuit is connected. I got in contact with the store but they couldn't explain it properly either.

Now it's a matter of waiting for the rest of the parts to arrive to do the final wiring. When I do I'll do a build thread for my configuration.

I'll also be doing temperature, dosing and ph modules so it should be quite the ride. In the future I'll also build a alk autotester.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 55 49.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 61 55.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • None.

Votes: 28 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.1%
Back