Quick poll - did you get Radion Gen 5 pro or blue?

Did you purchase Radion gen 5 pro or blue?

• Total voters

SunnyX

ReefSite.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with the PRO. I'm an old school reefer and prefer a much whiter look. The AB+ profile, which the blue is designed to run out of the box, is too blue for me. I prefer red, yellow, and green acros so an overly blue light source is no good for me.

Do you like a whiter look or something bluer? If you like it blue then the BLUE fixture is a no brainier. For me, the PRO is perfect for my taste.

OP
OP
AZ_Reef

AZ_Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with the PRO. I'm an old school reefer and prefer a much whiter look. The AB+ profile, which the blue is designed to run out of the box, is too blue for me. I prefer red, yellow, and green acros so an overly blue light source is no good for me.

Do you like a whiter look or something bluer? If you like it blue then the BLUE fixture is a no brainier. For me, the PRO is perfect for my taste.
Haha. I am little confused now. The person above said pro is very blue too.
Yes, WAYYYYYY to blue, but this is the way the industry wants to go and I am to lazy to build a set up that is whiter.
Ok. Are you running
Yes, WAYYYYYY to blue, but this is the way the industry wants to go and I am to lazy to build a set up that is whiter.
have you tried blue?

SunnyX

ReefSite.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Pro is full spectrum while the BLUE is well, blue. The BLUE model was designed specifically for those who like to use the AB+ profile of color on their display aquarium.

ID-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Have a question related to this. Setting up a reefer 900 and have three XR 30s in blue. Thinking I may want a 4th light. Was wondering if it would be a bad idea to go with a pro for the 4th. Probably a stupid question... is it noticeably different when looking at the fixture? Would the tank be off balance? I’ve heard the blues can be adjusted in a more white direction. Any thoughts?

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a question related to this. Setting up a reefer 900 and have three XR 30s in blue. Thinking I may want a 4th light. Was wondering if it would be a bad idea to go with a pro for the 4th. Probably a stupid question... is it noticeably different when looking at the fixture? Would the tank be off balance? I’ve heard the blues can be adjusted in a more white direction. Any thoughts?
I have 6 over my tank. All blues were too blue so I did 3 pro, 3 blue, alternating. Just right. I’m old school coming from MH/actinics and this combo reminds me of that . Crisp white with a pop of bluish/ purple.

ID-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have 6 over my tank. All blues were too blue so I did 3 pro, 3 blue, alternating. Just right. I’m old school coming from MH/actinics and this combo reminds me of that . Crisp white with a pop of bluish/ purple.
So they are obviously different and would look odd if I went 2 1 1? Meaning 2 blues then a single pro the. A blue My tank is 79” long. Was thinking three would be enough but now wondering if I need 4

skydirt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i went with the pro and think they are perfect. You can adjust the color to be more blue or more on the white side. The AB+ gives me a good bit of white most of the day and only gets really blue ramping down for the night. i do run 4 T-5 during the day with 2 ab and 2 coral pro

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So they are obviously different and would look odd if I went 2 1 1? Meaning 2 blues then a single pro the. A blue My tank is 79” long. Was thinking three would be enough but now wondering if I need 4
The blues can be adjusted, supposedly to look like the pros though I haven’t gone to that extreme. Apparently the benefit is that you can run the blues as blue at full intensity. The pro you can make look like the blue but not at full intensity.

ID-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The blues can be adjusted, supposedly to look like the pros though I haven’t gone to that extreme. Apparently the benefit is that you can run the blues as blue at full intensity. The pro you can make look like the blue but not at full intensity.
Ok I guess what I'm getting at is if it would look odd to mix in one pro with a blue. If I adjusted the pro to look a little more blue would it be noticeable. Reason I ask is I know someone who has a used Pro they are selling for about half the price of new. But I don't want it if it will look stick out or look odd/different.

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I guess what I'm getting at is if it would look odd to mix in one pro with a blue. If I adjusted the pro to look a little more blue would it be noticeable. Reason I ask is I know someone who has a used Pro they are selling for about half the price of new. But I don't want it if it will look stick out or look odd/different.
Would have to test it out and see but I think you could make it work. Point them to me if you are not going to buy it. Looking for one for my frag tank.

AcanthurusRex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
G5blue < ATI blue+
Anyone else agree?
The ATI Blue+ are much bluer that the g5 blues. I put a Coral+ to get the colors closer(2blue+,1 coral+,1actinic).
The G5 blues do not look like the old g4 Pro on the AB+ schedule to my eyes.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back