Quick question on my 20'' External Overflow box!

Discussion in 'Synergy Reef Systems' started by FLSharkvictim, Oct 28, 2017.

1. FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim Marine Aquarist R2R Supporter Tampa Bay Reef Keepers

I want to make sure that i have all the correct parts the first time around. Just got my SC Aquarium SC-150 Rimless Reef tank, Stand, and Canopy. Since my tank has been custom pre-drilled from SC Aquariums for a 20'' external overflow box just want to make sure I need a couple of things

Should I buy the internal and external custom pre-cut Sch 40 PVC pips that you prefabricated for your boxes on your website?

In regards, to the

Overflow Internal Pipe Kit 1. 1.5" PVC (RED) × 1 ?
    Overflow External Pipe Kits 1.5" PVC (RED) × 1?

Capture.JPG

Red_2.5_7_kit.jpg

Red_4_Kit.png

synergy#4.jpg

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017

2. justingraham

justingraham Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018 NJRC Member

I would make them and save urself some cash esp because those are only guidelines and may have to be adjusted down the line

Go to Home Depot and grab urself some 1.5 black abs.

Don’t forget to get a chamfer bit for ur rotor while ur there and a pvc cutter

3. WWIII

WWIII Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor LMAS Member

If you buy the overflow they come with all the pipes needed inside amd everything to hook to tank. Then just use regular pvc to finish your plumbing. I recommend medium clear pvc cement to connect plumbing to box. ABS transition cement should not be used. I know from experience! It's a great overflow though, I have 3 of them.

Draft saved Draft deleted