Quick review of the Coralvue HYDROS WaveEngine

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be nice to have a sku without the RF chip, since ETM support probably adds $50 to the end user BOM.

Yeah we're going to offer both, one with chip and one without. The version without is cheaper.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now just figure me out some JB powerheads that can run on this, and you'd probably have two sales ;)

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're making it harder not to pick one of these up, Jeff..

I hope so! ;Shamefullyembarrased We are eyeing November 4th as the official launch date. A nice thing about the HYDROS app too is that if you ever purchase any other HYDROS equipment in the future (we have a lot of stuff in the works), they all use the same app. The only difference is more features are unlocked. Currently, we've only announced the aquarium controllers, the Control 2 and Control 4, but there is much more coming...

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now just figure me out some JB powerheads that can run on this, and you'd probably have two sales ;)

Jebao pumps can be controlled by the WaveEngine but they require a 0-10V interface box in addition to the pump controller. One of our beta testers is doing this:

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope so! ;Shamefullyembarrased We are eyeing November 4th as the official launch date. A nice thing about the HYDROS app too is that if you ever purchase any other HYDROS equipment in the future (we have a lot of stuff in the works), they all use the same app. The only difference is more features are unlocked. Currently, we've only announced the aquarium controllers, the Control 2 and Control 4, but there is much more coming...

Excellent update! I have a XF330 bundle in an online shopping cart, now I need to decide if I want to wait and spend the extra $150 for the WaveEngine.

Just saw this too:

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excellent update! I have a XF330 bundle in an online shopping cart, now I need to decide if I want to wait and spend the extra $150 for the WaveEngine.

Just saw this too:

Rather than a bundle, you could buy the pumps only, 2 of those Direct Drive adapters, and then the WaveEngine can control and power both of the pumps. It looks like that combination would be $176 more than the XF330 bundle.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rather than a bundle, you could buy the pumps only, 2 of those Direct Drive adapters, and then the WaveEngine can control and power both of the pumps.

That's what I was basing the price difference of $150 on but without the adapters. How much will those be?

Bundle is $450
Wave Engine $300 + (2) XF330 $300

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I was basing the price difference of $150 on but without the adapters. How much will those be?

Bundle is $450
Wave Engine $300 + (2) XF330 $300

Pumps Only ($150 x 2 = $300)
Direct Drive Adapters ($13 x 2 = $26)
WaveEngine ($300)

TOTAL: $626
---------------

XF330 Gyre Bundle ($450)

----------------

Difference is $176

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jebao pumps can be controlled by the WaveEngine but they require a 0-10V interface box in addition to the pump controller. One of our beta testers is doing this:

Yeah, been over it previously w/ Carlos. I mean direct connection, not 0-10v, we'll see what the future holds.

OP
OP
shred5

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah, been over it previously w/ Carlos. I mean direct connection, not 0-10v, we'll see what the future holds.

I am running two Reef Octopus VarioS pumps on 0-10v and it works great.
It does not eliminate a controller and power supply but does add those pumps to the cloud and one central point to control them.

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running two Reef Octopus VarioS pumps on 0-10v and it works great.
It does not eliminate a controller and power supply but does add those pumps to the cloud and one central point to control them.

Good point! The Quad Cable allows you to connect up to 4 x 0-10v pumps to the WaveEngine. :cool:

OP
OP
shred5

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Any updates?

What do you need to know?
Mine still works good, no issues yet.
I had it email me it disconnected from the cloud twice. Once was probably a internet outage and once I believe They were working on updating the cloud.
At this moment mine is only running two pumps because I am redoing one of the tanks.
I also know they are working on some updates to the unit to make it even easier to set up but I am not sure I can say anything yet on what that is. This seems to be a product Coralvue is really committed to and making it better.

I hope they add the Gyres pump to this since I have a one of them. I got a feeling they will.

For me it really is a great product when you have a system like mine that has 7 aquariums. All have their own heaters and circulation pumps. That is allot of cords..

They added a real nice web site with videos to help people set them up.

I am going to pick up another for my reefer 250 and get rid of my apex or move it to another tank.

I waiting to see how in integrates with their new full tank controller.

Last edited:
Back