OP
Ardeus

Ardeus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It arrived today. It put up a good fight, but I got it working.

20200519_213202.jpg

OP
OP
Ardeus

Ardeus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not using the dosing part of the Autobalance just yet, because the system I am running based on kalkwasser + calcium reactor is keeping everything steady, so I just monitored alk every 2 hours to feel the pulse of the tank in what concerns calcification.

Screenshot_20200521-162732_autobalance.jpg

I was expecting a larger difference from day to night. It seems that calcification only slows down just a little during the night.

OP
OP
Ardeus

Ardeus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The difference of using a temperature controler

Screenshot_20200527-132726_Chrome.jpg

Right now it's 90 degrees F outside and the Aquamedic fans can handle it, but if we have a summer like 2 years ago, outside temperature can reach 118. Scary stuff.

OP
OP
Ardeus

Ardeus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this ricordea sandwich attached to each other twirling at the bottom of the tank.

Since I don't want more ricordeas in the tank, I moved them to a small tank I had setup a month ago. I had a rock with some corals in a dark area of the sump and I decided to give them a chance.

No heater, no light, just a filter head moving the water. During this month the only maintenance I did was replenish the evaporated water once per week. I am really digging this little tank because it looks so natural without any artificial light.

OP
OP
Ardeus

Ardeus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have been watching the dynamics of the Banggais gang. Many of them are already the size you get them at stores.

The male is at the end of the incubation period so he has no interaction with the rest.

The female, instead of watching over him, spends almost all the time near the young ones.

She keeps them in a shoal, when one of them strays far from the group, she often chases him back to the group.

They lead pretty chilled lives though.

I guess the problems will come when they reach breeding age. I think the largest young one is a male.

OP
OP
Ardeus

Ardeus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What if... my tank had an evil twin?

I would position the tank with a 45 degrees rotation, so that the front would have just 36"x24" but the depth would be 55"!

It would be a 7 island layout, 4 on the left and 3 on the right, with different footprints, heights and tapering.

The fish would be an all damsel tank and it would be an all sps tank.

AQD.jpg

I am still recovering from MTS (multiple tank syndrome) and these "what if's" don't help.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 32 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 34 54.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • None.

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 8.1%
Back