R2R APP COMING SOON: If you can dream it...

Are you excited about a real deal APP for R2R?

• YES

Votes: 426 78.7%
  • Kinda

Votes: 58 10.7%
  • NO

Votes: 57 10.5%

• Total voters

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As others have touched on, a place to log and see history of params and other tank functions/inhabitants/events/etc..
Edit: Bonus points for being able to share the most recent measurements as a 'report card' of sorts in forums (say I have a sick fish or something, I could post including my 'report card' for additional advice)

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give us some of your best ideas!

Make the keyboard big so we don't get so many fat fingered typos! lol

Looking forward to an app!

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
some kind of template where we could have option to add in certain things like parameters, lights used/ how long etc so first few posts aren't what are your parameters, what lights you use and the likes back and forward for first few posts/ first page etc.

maybe something like when someone starts a thread and enters in certain key words like algae pests/ black bugs/ ich, it comes on screen and gives option to read a thread that gives the information from someone who knows what they talking about on how to diagnose/ treat/ follow up etc so that person doesn't need to make the thread as maybe all the info they need know in this thread that " pops up" or option to " redirect them " to a thread with Info they need.
I been thinking about this alot over last several months now as r2r gets new members daily of all skill level and alot of the questions/ answers been asked/ answered so many times already,I understand have search option but if new to r2r or not good with tech may not know how to access or know question been asked so many times already.
But one negative I could think if is If someone goes to start a thread then a " pop up" or get re-directed to a helpful thread then could limit the interactions between people so would have to be thought out properley as interactions between members and more posts/ threads ovbiously more foot traffic therefore more sponsors therefore more money put Into developing the site .
Maybe even something like someone starts a thread and with permission of certain people as enter key word like say " ich" then it automatically tags the " fish medics"
And enter coral pests then it tags a group of members with alot of knowledge with coral pests etc.
So Instead of me tagging " fish medic" or reef squad" it a new updated version where the system tags automatically someone or a group of people.
Ovbiously would need the members permission first and could ask r2r members to nominate themselves and do a poll where the masses then decides which active members would be added into that group to be tagged or an Individual.

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to be able to stick my phone in the water while the app is running and it does all of my testing. ;-) OK, that might be a bit much to ask for out of the gate so things like logging parameters, adding video, more emojis, calculators, albums. These are all great. :)

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
An in app camera that has all the different settings to take amazing images of your reef, something like the “aquarium camera app”.
Love this idea!!!

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys going on full Elon musk with the future of this site looking forward to see the advancement unfold!!!
It couldn't possibly be that bad... They didn't make any empty promises. They only asked for input like Johnny 5.

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the log idea for lights, animals, parameters, etc. I really like the idea of the key word search for new members to research too.
I love the idea of being able to add photos and videos directly too.
I can use the website from my phone, but an app with more functions could be really cool.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know there are a lot of threads for this and many stickies, but on the app it would be cool to have quick fact sheets for various fish, inverts, and diseases easily arranged. The former two would definitely help to not make a mistake while at the lfs. Something for disease would also help in time sensitive cases.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A list of the most common fish kept in captivity and some of the basics to how to care for them.
Maybe do similar with coral too and show both white and blue photos for them maybe.

Listen, you said dream big and we all thought of it at some point.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back