R2R APP COMING SOON: If you can dream it...

Are you excited about a real deal APP for R2R?

• YES

Votes: 426 78.7%
  • Kinda

Votes: 58 10.7%
  • NO

Votes: 57 10.5%

• Total voters

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
YES we're dreaming BIG here so keep them coming!

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do like the idea of the reefing app with tons of information at tips of fingers. especially for those going into stores and looking at animals and trying to decide if to purchase. Calculators volume, meds, etc.
Link to reef news.

The forum would be not what I would use the app for really. I do that on computer because typing on a phone for me is not fun.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Curious when can we expect this app?

The plan is to start the actual building beginning of June and then to roll out an MVP phase for the basics of the app. Then we really start adding these "dream" features in one update after another!

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would be nice to be able to put in all of your equipment, tank size, how long it has been up, and also add what corals and fish (plus when they were added) so when you need some help- it will automatically show all of your stuff so people can have a better idea on what your system is, what equipment you use, how long you use them, what corals you have, and what fish you have..

Also if you log your parameters in the app- this will also show so you don't have to keep listing salinity, alk, etc....

like a tank diary
Jason Sudeikis Yes GIF by Apple TV+

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I do like the idea of the reefing app with tons of information at tips of fingers. especially for those going into stores and looking at animals and trying to decide if to purchase. Calculators volume, meds, etc.
Link to reef news.

The forum would be not what I would use the app for really. I do that on computer because typing on a phone for me is not fun.

Cool thing about the app is that the forum will be integrated into it and would not change how anyone interacts on a desktop or even if they wanted to just view R2R with their mobile browser. Best of both worlds!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A list of the most common fish kept in captivity and some of the basics to how to care for them.
Maybe do similar with coral too and show both white and blue photos for them maybe.

Listen, you said dream big and we all thought of it at some point.
Also a pro to this is as someone with a tank that LOOKS white heavy (It’s only about 20% of a difference in reality) I’d love to see more photos of coral colours that aren’t “artificial” and do look much more realistic as even with stacks and stacks and stacks of lenses they still don’t show the colour you’d usually see under whites.
A pro to the fish bit is many fish commonly kept will be a persons first fish, I mean let’s face it someone brand new to this hobby (Actually if my tank ever fails I still do this) will go and get a fish that looks pretty more than it is easy - Usually a clownfish. In my case it was a magnificent foxface, twice. So people can do research and if they don’t want a common first fish they could go with a more unusual but still easy level fish to keep!
For example, my first ever nano fish was a Gobiodon acicularis and my first fish for my 4’ tank was my Siganus Magnificus (2 Years on now).

KonradTO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If its smooth&clean AND it has some "personal" section where people can go and see your:
-params
-settings, tank size, light, skimmer or not etc
-stock & cuc
- previous issues (algae, pests, swings)
-tank pics

then it would be GOLD. Pls add this personal section because otherwise everytime we have to explain from scratch what the params are, stocks etc.
Very curious to see how it turns out.

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great ideas!! I'm really excited about what this is going to be!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If its smooth&clean AND it has some "personal" section where people can go and see your:
-params
-settings, tank size, light, skimmer or not etc
-stock & cuc
- previous issues (algae, pests, swings)
-tank pics

then it would be GOLD. Pls add this personal section because otherwise everytime we have to explain from scratch what the params are, stocks etc.
Very curious to see how it turns out.
This will be one of the main functions of this app! Thanks for driving it home for us. :)

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well if it tracked consumable purchases (foods, filter rolls, additives, etc) and meshed with manufactures/vendors for targeted discounts, updates, recall (ie. stop using immediately like Vibrant or oops we had a bad batch of salt with batch numbers involved) I would be into it. Anything to save a buck. Also, as a visually impaired person please include dark mode and compatibility with screen readers like voice over. Maybe a reefers near me function?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well if it tracked consumable purchases (foods, filter rolls, additives, etc) and meshed with manufactures/vendors for targeted discounts, updates, recall (ie. stop using immediately like Vibrant) I would be into it. Anything to save a buck. Also, as a visually impaired person please include dark mode and compatibility with screen readers like voice over. Maybe a reefers near me function?

Gold

KonradTO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well if it tracked consumable purchases (foods, filter rolls, additives, etc) and meshed with manufactures/vendors for targeted discounts, updates, recall (ie. stop using immediately like Vibrant) I would be into it. Anything to save a buck. Also, as a visually impaired person please include dark mode and compatibility with screen readers like voice over. Maybe a reefers near me function?
reefers near me would be very good for group orders and share the shipping costs for live stuff. I always cry when I spend more in shipping than frags. But I live in EU, not sure how many users live around here..

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ability to refresh the feed from the app. .... with the current app I have to scroll all the way up to refresh a page, would really help during the live sales!!!!
Feed your fish from the app? Cool;)

Back