R2R APP COMING SOON: If you can dream it...

Are you excited about a real deal APP for R2R?

• YES

Votes: 426 78.7%
  • Kinda

Votes: 58 10.7%
  • NO

Votes: 57 10.5%

• Total voters
OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Honestly? I'm really not interested.
I don't need a separate unique app for every forum I visit. That's best done through the browser.
I actually get pretty frustrated when the forums I visit keep bombarding me with prompts to "download the Tapatalk app", or when every third click takes me to the App store to download the forum's app instead of just taking me to the right page. I guess the point is - it's fine that you're building an app for those who particularly want it, but please don't let the mobile/desktop version of the forums languish and don't constantly try and push users to use the App. It's simply bad practice to try and segment your audience off into your own locked down ecosystem, instead of using the tools that they already have (ie: a mobile browser).
We're definitely not considering TapaTalk. This will be our own uniquely developed app.

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool thing about the app is that the forum will be integrated into it and would not change how anyone interacts on a desktop or even if they wanted to just view R2R with their mobile browser. Best of both worlds!

@revhtree

So, will the app be available on the computer as well as the phone? I do the majority of my interaction with the forum from my laptop. A phone only app, for me, would be pointless and redundant. Aside from adding videos directly, I don't see myself using it much from my phone.

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put no. I'm not going through 5 pages to see if we get better emojis and replace these stale ones that replaced the fun emojis. I also don't care for gifs.

But... If we get the old fun emojis back. Yes, I'm excited. I guess that makes me simple?
As the leader of the new emojis: Objection - Hearsay.

mikeytrw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  • Parameter tracking
  • Reminder/task tracking
  • Common calculator/calculations
Those are some of the big ones, each with their own subset of what needs included as well.

@PeterC99

It would be nice to link the new build thread idea into this so that you can keep a tab of historical parameters to go with the build threads. I can keep going down this rabbit hole as well..
To add to this, and I know some development needed here, would be the ability ro share your params on the forum for advice etc

Uriken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
app R2R image.jpg

Hey Reef2Reefers!! We’ve got some exciting news and WE NEED YOUR INPUT!!

We’re developing a brand new R2R app RIGHT NOW! And we don’t want this to just be any old app. We don’t want it to even just be the greatest forum app ever! We want it to be the greatest REEFING APP ever!! Think BIGGER than just the forum!!!

We’ve been putting together some ideas, but we need your input, and we need you to DREAM BIG! If you think about the greatest reefing app in the history of reefing apps, what are some things you’d want to see included?

Give us some of your best ideas!
Reef Calculators: I know various sites you can find calculators to know how much of something to dose to get certain results, put "All" of them on R2R.
Coral Library: Have all the corals indexed in a library. Each definition of coral will have a picture, a description, parameters for care, and so forth.
Contest Gear Library: All of the contest winners that get various pumps, lights, etc. and then give write ups with feedback on their experience should be put in 1 section for users to review detailed product experiences.
Fish Disease Library: Just like with the corals, list all fish diseases with pictures, description, and then the required medication and quarantine procedure / time frame. Maybe Jay H. can be the director on putting that together?
If your a R2R member we should get discounts from BRS and other company's as such that advertise on here. Could be a trade off to promote their business and benefit the members.

Silverfaux

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d love an app that accommodates both phones and larger tablets. Love the idea of calculators (brs linked?), logging of stats and parameters and livestock data. Think of all the info that could be gleaned when you have all this data. Tank health and compatibility could actually be solidified instead of just anecdotal. Looking forward to this. I would also be willing to pay for an ad free version. Huzzah!

FiddlersReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d honestly be thrilled if I could browse/click through posts etc with one touch. Maybe it’s chrome on my phone but getting the browser to notice that I’m touching a link drives me crazy.

But I’ll try whatever you come up with. R2R is awesome.

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be nice to be able to mute forum sections that aren’t important to you. I don’t like having to weed through the ‘emergency! what’s this dot on my fish’ threads or chemistry/mh discussions to find something new that interests me…

Or at least choose which sub forums come up on your main page (like how you’d choose topics when setting up your phones news app)

Also a build thread function that allows you to add equipment tags (Radion x15, Tunze 3152, Red Sea Max, etc) so you could easily sort who is running identical equipment to you (or equipment your thinking of getting). I’m sure the sponsors would love that too!

Last edited:

Bsnow0053

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it would be cool to have some sort of log to be able to put all of your parameters into from testing throughout the week or how ever often, where you can record it all to keep track for yourself, but not only just for you to keep track of but also for anybody else to see as well so you can check how somebody else keeps everything in their tank. I feel that when you first get into reefing you always here you need to do this and this has to happen, this can't happen or this will happen. When in reality everybody does it different, some people test everyday and end up with a tank crash some people never test and have a tank for 5 years. Id like to see what other people do without have a certain topic or asking questions or journals for a whole tank build. Idk just something I thought would be cool, cause right now I use an app for that but no sharing capabilities or anything like that. Food for thought

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
app R2R image.jpg

Hey Reef2Reefers!! We’ve got some exciting news and WE NEED YOUR INPUT!!

We’re developing a brand new R2R app RIGHT NOW! And we don’t want this to just be any old app. We don’t want it to even just be the greatest forum app ever! We want it to be the greatest REEFING APP ever!! Think BIGGER than just the forum!!!

We’ve been putting together some ideas, but we need your input, and we need you to DREAM BIG! If you think about the greatest reefing app in the history of reefing apps, what are some things you’d want to see included?

Give us some of your best ideas!
This is awesome!! I can’t wait I was searching for one when I first joined and definitely the ability to edit titles and delete posts.☺️

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just getting tapatalk support back would fix 99 percent of these requests.
trying to bring in calculators and iD pictures. Makes this future app very complex.

JCM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not a big app user but I wish there were sorting options like on reddit. Instead of just chronologically based on last post, I could sort by most popular in the last year or most posts in the last month.

Nanojoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This might be unpopular, but please keep it forum centric... we dont need another instagram...

That said i am PUMPED for an R2R app. Now i can stare at my phone even longer :cool:

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back