R2R APP COMING SOON: If you can dream it...

Are you excited about a real deal APP for R2R?

• YES

Votes: 426 78.7%
  • Kinda

Votes: 58 10.7%
  • NO

Votes: 57 10.5%

• Total voters

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I voted no as saving the R2R link to my home screen is all the app I need.

637AED8D-8FD6-428F-94EF-88E18B56DB31.jpeg

That said, with some of the suggestions, if this goes through, please do extensive pre-release testing so it doesn’t fail features not working

With your Marketplace and Classified section, actually be able to purchase items a secure way. Sort of like eBay. Essentially have a legit E-Commerce section on R2R.
Or just make the app this

A Young Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have an idea of having something called the “coral archive”:
Basically a place where members can post photos of corals of the same morph and compare them to each other.
can achieved by the following:
A folder with the name of the specific variant or morph of the coral, then once you enter the folder you can post an image of the specimen of the same coral variant you have and the name of the poster would appear on the image (similar to the image gallery we already have). It’s a really cool thing to have. so let’s say there is some super rare coral variant, you can view images of the specimens out there and know who owns them or even compare your corals to obtain an id.
Members can create these folders and maybe assign some one who manages them to make sure that there are no repeated folders of the same coral variant.
However you will need a huge data base (which I think R2R already has).

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing I thought would be great for the website and app is to list a thread's creation date along with the date of the last comment on each sections list pages (ex: on the what's new list page, new to saltwater, etc.). Sometimes I go to add a comment only to see the thread was created four years ago along with most of the comments and it's a thread that isn't necessarily meant to be ongoing. Like ones about fish deaths, etc. If I hadn't looked at the date in the thread I would've been adding a comment like my condolences to a fish that passed away four years ago. :)

SDReefing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
app R2R image.jpg

Hey Reef2Reefers!! We’ve got some exciting news and WE NEED YOUR INPUT!!

We’re developing a brand new R2R app RIGHT NOW! And we don’t want this to just be any old app. We don’t want it to even just be the greatest forum app ever! We want it to be the greatest REEFING APP ever!! Think BIGGER than just the forum!!!

We’ve been putting together some ideas, but we need your input, and we need you to DREAM BIG! If you think about the greatest reefing app in the history of reefing apps, what are some things you’d want to see included?

Give us some of your best ideas!
Make it like facebook/ IG for reefs. Simplify the tabs and allow following and pretty profile pages

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new app isn’t out because Elon Musk is trying to buy REEF2REEF, but he is insisting the new app exclude all bots from posting.

Apparently, he is concerned that most of us are not real. lol

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new app isn’t out because Elon Musk is trying to buy REEF2REEF, but he is insisting the new app exclude all bots from posting.

What? @Randy Holmes-Farley I think you were hacked by a bot or something. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Chrome let me install the R2R app on my S22. Works great.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back