R2R CONTEST and GIVEAWAY WINNERS CIRCLE Thread!!!!!

drstratton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I won a Neptune DOS/DDR in November! I was one of those new members you hear about winning these contests! I posted this on my tank thread, but I'm glad to have this one to post to also! Thank you Neptune and R2R! I love this site!

Neptune%20Prize.jpg

trio91

NJRC (New Jersey Reefers Club)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I won the Neptune apex Jr with the MPR back in December

1st off I want to say thank you to both Neptune and R2R for making this possible. For the record I am one of those guys who doesn't win anything from the lotto jackpot to giveaways at frag swaps (so you can imagine my delight when my name was plucked)

1452303023358.jpg

trio91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I won the Neptune apex Jr with the MPR back in December

1st off I want to say thank you to both Neptune and R2R for making this possible. For the record I am one of those guys who doesn't win anything from the lotto jackpot to giveaways at frag swaps (so you can imagine my delight when my name was plucked)

1452303023358.jpg

Given what it is, I decided to place this on my 10gal IM

1452303225449.jpg

1452303238452.jpg

trio91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pros n Cons

Pros:

I like the fact that I can control the functions on the tank. With this I have my light, heater, and pump connected to the apex system

Cons:

I think I am missing the "wow" factor behind this. For starters, I wish I was able to connect the apex wireless rather than having me purchase 50' of Ethernet cable to have this unit function to its fullest potential. I am also not liking the fact that I will have to purchase another monitoring unit (which is not cheap) for me to monitor PH, salinity etc. Lastly, I wish they had a nano probe holder that can be used on smaller tanks. As you can see in the photo this thing is huge and it doesn't leave me enough room to place anything else in the rear compartment

trio91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Overall, I am very please with the unit ( so please don't blast me for my "con" comments) and i will be purchasing in the near future the PH probe with the monitoring unit. I just simply wanted to share my thoughts on this item

KorD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW... Just say this thread and thought I should share as well..
I entered and won the May 2015 contest in the meme thread. I received an awesome prize of a PuraTek ATO. This is an awesome hunk of hardware! Thanks again Puratek and R2R for running that contest!
I personally like how I do not have to have a float that will fail, and it is compatible with my nano tank.
20151120_084922_resized_zpsdvvmi1zm.jpg

Eckolancer

LED GURU
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I won a bag of salt and some rods reef algae food. Now I feed rods original after seeing a buddies tank and all the positive reviews.

Baby Ray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just won a Fauna Marin "Mystery Box" :)
I don't have it yet but will update with pictures in the near future. I have never won anything before and this just feels "good" ;)
Thank you so much @Fauna Marin for making this possible

OP
OP
Steviereefs

Steviereefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back in action, I need to enter another contest soon because there are some really good ones going on right now, if you've won something cool lately lets see it, I can't believe all the reef gear these peeps give away. It must be in close to $100,000 in retail at this point, maybe even over. Again if you won something cool lately please share it.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 88 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back