*R2R LIVE SALE* 2/11 Sat & 2/12 Sun! ASD Valentines Weekend Live Sale! Over 3,000 corals! Games, Prizes, $1, $5, $10 Corals!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Seamore2001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was waiting for an after sale but did not want to loose my cart so I bought more last night.
This morning I am looking at my 3 tanks thinking how the heck am I going to fit this all in.....
Time to set up another tank, right?

I was disappointed that there's no aftersale. OTOH that stops me from buying even more, so maybe not the worst thing in the world, right?

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah haha probably saved me a little money too!
My bigger wish would be that those 'mystery boxes' be 'door buster' deals. Most of them are what the coral would be regardless of how they are presented. Maybe a dollar or two off, but generally the same price as a substantially similiar piece not presented in a box.

Example:

Boxed:

Unboxed

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bigger wish would be that those 'mystery boxes' be 'door buster' deals. Most of them are what the coral would be regardless of how they are presented. Maybe a dollar or two off, but generally the same price as a substantially similiar piece not presented in a box.

Example:

Boxed:

Unboxed
I agree…

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time to set up another tank, right?

I was disappointed that there's no aftersale. OTOH that stops me from buying even more, so maybe not the worst thing in the world, right?
Did they say there wasn’t? All I heard was they will keep the V Sale prices up through Monday. So maybe, just maybe …Possible Aftersale during Valentine’s Day….?….
So they might get that little money you thought you saved before you know it.
Vintage Money GIF

Seamore2001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was nice. Three more. Good haul and all have places (not always a guarantee when you start getting crazy on these sales) to go in the tanks.

OP
OP
AquaSD

AquaSD

We specialize and Rare and Unusual Corals!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Example:

Boxed:

Unboxed

what!? every single box I put up I drop the price before posting

OP
OP
AquaSD

AquaSD

We specialize and Rare and Unusual Corals!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well roped me in for another coral. Yay for an afterparty party!
That was nice. Three more. Good haul and all have places (not always a guarantee when you start getting crazy on these sales) to go in the tanks.

Glad to hear you guys are liking the after party sale :)

Thanks for joining us this round guys!

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok my bad on the calendar... I thought was picking Thursday arrival, this week, on all my orders. All I can say is really?? Almost two weeks before my shipment is supposed to arrive a week from this Thursday?? Since first Saturday order it has only ever offered a selection of Wednesday or Thursday+ which turns out to be the 23rd or 24th. Might have thought twice about buying anything if the 2 week shipment time had of registered. Always had good luck with AquaSD but not sure how I feel about my mostly WSIWYG orders (28 pieces) sitting around 2 weeks during the madness of sale shipping.

Last edited:

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok my bad on the calendar... I thought was picking Thursday arrival, this week, on all my orders. All I can say is really?? Almost two weeks before my shipment is supposed to arrive a week from this Thursday?? Since first Saturday order it has only ever offered a selection of Wednesday or Thursday+ which turns out to be the 23rd or 24th. Might have thought twice about buying anything if the 2 week shipment time had of registered. Always had good luck with AquaSD but not sure how I feel about my mostly WSIWYG orders (28 pieces) sitting around 2 weeks during the madness of sale shipping.
I always pick the latest shipping date they have so I have more time to add to the order.... Never had any issues with my coral being there for an extra couple of weeks.

Seamore2001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always pick the latest shipping date they have so I have more time to add to the order.... Never had any issues with my coral being there for an extra couple of weeks.

Ditto. Mine is also arriving the 24th - no worries on my part. I've only had one coral (a lobo) that went bad while waiting - ASD contacted me and said their team felt it wasn't healthy enough to sell and offered me a deal on a show piece that's in my main system now and has thrived for the last year.

Incidentally other places have had similar situations where they get ready to ship a coral and discover it's not healthy, whether shipping out days after the sale or a couple of weeks. I tend to think of them holding the corals longer as quarantine and to my benefit.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back