R2R LIVE SALE 3/5/22 SAT - Aqua SD 15th Year Anniversary LIVE SALE - Discounts, Games, Freebies, Fun!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Silv3rSubieDude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So how is everyone's success rate when UPS drops the ball and delays shipping? Mine is in state and delayed due to weather... Only problem is there's no bad weather. So it looks like it just didn't get put on the truck, Currently waiting on customer service to call back.

bondsgot73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So how is everyone's success rate when UPS drops the ball and delays shipping? Mine is in state and delayed due to weather... Only problem is there's no bad weather. So it looks like it just didn't get put on the truck, Currently waiting on customer service to call back.
I had an order from LRO show up a day late and everything was still fine. As long as it’s well packaged and not freezing cold you should be okay.

Utubereefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Order shipped today. Can't wait!!
Me Too Samesies GIF

Seamore2001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If memory serves, I believe orange is one of the main distinctions between the similar looking lobos and acans. Most of the time if it has orange it is an Acanthastrea pachysepta, no orange= lobophyllia
Right. Well yes, and no. Like you say, if it has orange it's most likely A. pachysepta, but a real lobophyllia can have orange too, but not quite the same shade of orange.

From the article [bold mine]: https://reefbuilders.com/2019/10/01/acanthastrea-pachysepta-your-orange-lobo-is-most-likely-an-acan/

"Superficially, the coral formerly known as ‘Lobophyllia’ pachysepta looks pretty much like any other Lobo – it has typical one to two inch diameter polyps which are semi-circular, and occasionally grow out into meandering valleys just like a lobo. However this species never really grows quite as massively large as a typical Lobophyllia colony and they usually have a more lustrous, almost metallic quality of orange coloration that reminds us of another familiar coral, Acanthastrea."

and

"Coloration and basic appearance alone isn’t enough to really single out this coral, but one thing that is very different about these ‘orange lobos’ is their behavior towards oehr corals. Acan pachysepta can be a really Vicious Coral, killing and destroying neighboring corals and colonies of typical lobos, scolies, pretty much anything within their substantial reach, something that normal Lobophyllia are simply not known to do."

and

"True orange Lobophyllias do exist but doing a simple image search we noticed that most orange lobos are in fact the newly recognized Acanthastrea pachysepta."

There's a nice set of side-by-side pictures in the article where they highlight the A. pachysepta, which is very handy.

Salty716

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I win my eBay auction, is there a specific place to specify to ship with my live purchase order? :)

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I win my eBay auction, is there a specific place to specify to ship with my live purchase order? :)
I think eBay forces you to pay a $40 shipping fee. You'll probably need to contact AquaSD to see it they can refund your shipping charge.

I won a few auctions last week, so they let me use the $40 eBay shipping charge for Saturday delivery, since that was what they were charging during the Live Sale, and I ordered a bunch at that time as well.

Salty716

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think eBay forces you to pay a $40 shipping fee. You'll probably need to contact AquaSD to see it they can refund your shipping charge.

I won a few auctions last week, so they let me use the $40 eBay shipping charge for Saturday delivery, since that was what they were charging during the Live Sale, and I ordered a bunch at that time as well.
Ah ok, don't want to pay shipping twice if I can avoid it. $40 is another frag!

bondsgot73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Understandable. Again, try contacting them, I don't see why they wouldn't refund one of the shipping charges
You can message them and they can send an updated invoice with the shipping charge removed. I’ve done it before with AquaSD, albeit it was April 2021 live sale.

Freakmachine01

Guess who I'v seen today... Everyone I looked at.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah ok, don't want to pay shipping twice if I can avoid it. $40 is another frag!
After the auction all you have to do before you pay for your order is send aqua SD a message and just tell them that you already paid for shipping during the live sale and they will send you a new bill without the shipping on it

Salty716

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After the auction all you have to do before you pay for your order is send aqua SD a message and just tell them that you already paid for shipping during the live sale and they will send you a new bill without the shipping on it
Great thanks! First time using eBay so was unaware of how it worked.

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thanks! First time using eBay so was unaware of how it worked.

First invoice you get will have the $40 shipping charge on it. Don't pay that invoice. Email AquaSD with the order number and tbey will adjust the invvoyand you will receive a new one in your email. Pay that one and then the countdown begins :)

ninjamyst

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my order arrived earlier.
- packaging is A+
- heat pack still warm ( I live in florida though so probably expected =P )
- got a freebie acro =)
- everything opened within an hour
- no pests after dip in Revive. some black specks came off but i think it's just sediment
- color is close to their photos and much better than other sponsors here. obviously photo still look better but that's expected

will order again

ninjamyst

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to mention that the dragonball chalice is my fav piece from the haul. So definitely get that next time if you are not sure if it's worth it. It's soooo worth it for the cheap price. Can't wait for it to grow out.

I would love to see people's favia. I was debating on the odin, grave maker, and electric iron man. Both the last two got sold out quick. Kicking myself for not getting the odin.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back