Great looking tank, very deserving.
Congrats.

ksdonohu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wowsers, that's one beautiful reef tank! Can you tell us more about the pipefish pair? How long you have had them? Do you target feed or do they mostly eat copepods in tank? Do you see them much when lights are on? Do any of your fish pick on them? Thanks. Love the cat too!

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW!!! Amazing reef tank !!!

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I can say is WOW!! Your reef is beautiful!!:)

p0st

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of all a big thank you to all of your lovely comments, much appreciated!

I love your lawnmower I also have one but mine doest really pick at the algae he'd rather eat brine shrimp and I'm trying to get him to have some algae in his diet what's yours feeding on

Yeah it's such a brilliant fish, quite shy but such peculiar behavior :)... Mine also likes brine shrimp/mysis/krill more than actual algae, hehe... I guess they are spoiled little brats (but then again what would you eat if you could choose between a salad or a nice steak)

Wowsers, that's one beautiful reef tank! Can you tell us more about the pipefish pair? How long you have had them? Do you target feed or do they mostly eat copepods in tank? Do you see them much when lights are on? Do any of your fish pick on them? Thanks. Love the cat too!

Thank you! Unfortunately the pair was parted after one week of buying them, I suspect one got stuck in the powerhead because it's beak was all red when I found it (yeah, dead). The other one has been in there for nearly a year now, lovely little creature that eats whatever it likes, even small pieces of brine shimp/mysis when I feed my fish! It's quite visible throughout the day too and it doesn't get bothered by other fish. I do consider buying another one soon, but first I have to find out if I can just add one and assume they get along well.. Yeah the cat is also something!

_______

By the way here's a new video that I shot today, if anyone is interested :)

Slayvoff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your pipefish in the OP looks so exotic...like a purple transluscent color. Is that through photoshop effects or how it really looks? Looking online I can't find one looking so gorgeous, but your photo made me want one :O

p0st

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your pipefish in the OP looks so exotic...like a purple transluscent color. Is that through photoshop effects or how it really looks? Looking online I can't find one looking so gorgeous, but your photo made me want one :O

Hmm I think that's a combination of the Galaxy S7 (at the time of the picture) camera combined with the tank lights, since the photo is not edited :).. It's not really purplish, although it is a very nice fish to see both in behavior as in detail of the fish itself!

Slayvoff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm I think that's a combination of the Galaxy S7 (at the time of the picture) camera combined with the tank lights, since the photo is not edited :).. It's not really purplish, although it is a very nice fish to see both in behavior as in detail of the fish itself!

Yeah it looks beautiful and if that's how it looks in tank in person then I'm sold! Amazing tank btw. Inspiring me in the planning of my first tank.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back