R2R Reef Spotlight: PongPit's Amazing SPS Nano Reef

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can never figure out how his corals don't recede from underneath/shading seems not at play here despite these aquascapes featuring likely the largest colony size per gallon/ square inches of space taken up by top shelf sps per gallon of any tank on the site.

malacoda

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can never figure out how his corals don't recede from underneath/shading seems not at play here despite these aquascapes featuring likely the largest colony size per gallon/ square inches of space taken up by top shelf sps per gallon of any tank on the site.

+1 While looking at the pics all tanks that is one of the things that amazed me as well. The undersides and shade areas of all the coral are just as vibrant and colorful as those that get good light.

Stunning tanks Pongpit. Very beautiful. Well done!

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've asked questions about this tank in the past without answers as well. Mostly about how corals get moved around and/or added and subtracted. Has me suspicious overall.

BuvRahl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tanks! thanks for sharing and breaking down what you do with your critters to keep them healthy.

ling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
张先生您好,我是鲲志贸易微信公众号的小编,请问我能把您的这篇每月一缸转载到我们的公众号,分享给我们的鱼友吗?

Moderation Note: While English is the official language of R2R, this one time post is being allowed because of the China connection.

Auto-translation:"Hello Mr. Zhang, I am a small editor of the WeChat public account. Can I repost your monthly message to our public account and share it with our aquarists?"

Last edited by a moderator:

ling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, Mr. Zhang, I'm the editor of WeChat public platform, from KUNZ trading co., LTD. May I reprint your article on our WeChat public platform and share it with our fish friends in China?

HunterW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another fact about Pongpits aquascape/full colony vs frag look, is you can pinch zoom in on a pic on the iPad, edge out the tank corners and top/bottom/sides just show the middle portion of any pic then hand it to someone and have them guess the gallonage of the system.

Theyll say 50-100 gals even for the small ones
Amazing tanks, just mouthdropping attention to detail, this is every bit as beautiful as any huge reef, and his attention to detail and knowing how to watch his charges within his ecosystem(s) is superb!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 37.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back