*** R2R Secret Santa 2018 - Official Registration Thread ***

Are you interested in joining the R2R Secret Santa?

• YES I'm going to participate!

Votes: 132 27.0%
  • NO

Votes: 123 25.2%
  • Maybe after I learn more about it!

Votes: 234 47.9%

• Total voters

Santa Claus

View Badges
Reaction score
secret santa graphic.jpg

Hi Reef2Reefers!! We're excited to invite you to participate in the R2R Secret Santa gift exchange! This a great way for our members to spread some holiday cheer and as a bonus get to know each other little better.

I mean lots of us have family and friends who just don't get this crazy hobby of ours, and let's face it, they're probably more likely to get you another pair of socks than that latest trinket for your reef hobby that you've been eyeing... ;) But this gift exchange will be different because it's FOR REEFERS BY REEFERS! This will be lots of fun for everyone!!

Here is how it will work:
  • Members can sign up between now and December 1st.
  • Secret Santas will be assigned on December 2nd.
  • The total value of the gift must be at least $20.00. Please keep in mind that you may go above the minimum, but you may not receive the same in turn.
  • Buy or make gifts by 12/17/2018
  • Ship all gifts the week of 12/17/2018-12/21/2018
  • Delivery confirmation is mandatory and will need to be sent to @Santa Claus.
  • Everyone is welcome no matter where you live in the world. Just don't try to ship livestock cross-border.
All R2R Secret Santa participants will receive a special SS banner under their username.

To sign up, you will need to:
  1. PM @Santa Claus with your contact information (full name, email, and shipping address).
  2. Join our Secret Santa usergroup (CLICK HERE)
  3. Post in this thread with your answers to the questionnaire (see below) IN THIS THREAD (this is our official registration thread).
Secret Santa Questionnaire:
  1. What is your shirt size?
  2. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*
  3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind?
  4. What is your gender?
  5. What are your hobbies or other interests?
  6. What is your favorite color?
If shipping coral we ask that you notify us with when you would like 2 ship so we can notify recipient and make sure they will be able to take in. If recipient can't be there we will ask them for 2 other days and work out with sender. (We don't mind playing the go between here to keep it more a secret.)

Also, notice that we have a special Secret Santa forum going on! Feel free to start other threads in here to talk about everything Secret Santa related, holiday related, or just anything you want to talk with all of us other SS peeps! Go wild! LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
I'm in!

1. What is your shirt size? XL
  2. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Sure! I like acros (but they seem to not like me right now)...so maybe zoas. Those are doing well in my tank. :D
  3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? CHOCOLATE!! I like most any good chocolate!
  4. What is your gender? I'm a dude
  5. What are your hobbies or other interests (be sure to include any favorite movies/TV shows, sports teams, etc.)? I love BBQing and smoking meats (have a smoker). I also like Star Wars, Marvel comics, and New Orleans Saints (WHO DAT!?). I'm also a HUGE coffee fan. :)
  6. What is your favorite color? Don't really have one...probably black if I could only pick 1. But red, blue, etc. are all good too.

money88

View Badges
Reaction score
Sounds like fun!

1. What is your shirt size? M
  2. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? That would be awesome! LPS, cool Zoas, montipora
  3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? Grilling foods (Burgers, steaks, chicken)
  4. What is your gender? Male
  5. What are your hobbies or other interests (be sure to include any favorite movies/TV shows, sports teams, etc.)? I love board games (PC video games are fun too), Climbing, Kayaking, Mountain Biking
  6. What is your favorite color? Green or blue

JBKReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Sign me up!

1. What is your shirt size? XXL
  2. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? Anything! I'm up for a challenge, no GSP or Xenia though I am tired of battling them :p
  3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? I'm gonna have to agree with @mdbannister Chocolate for sure. Or nuts.
  5. What are your hobbies or other interests? I cook and I reef. Thats the extent of my hobbies. I'm a Kentucky Wildcats and Bengals fan although neither are too stellar right now. I also watch more than my fair share of television and movies. Entertainment junkie.
  6. What is your favorite color? The way anything looks under actinic lighting ;)

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
I'm in to, I’ll do anything for a secret santa banner!!!

2. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? Yes but the postage to the UK might be a bit high!!
  3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? Chocolate what else!
  4. What is your gender? I’m the male of the species
  5. What are your hobbies or other interests (be sure to include any favorite movies/TV shows, sports teams, etc.)? Apart from spending 1000’s on reef tanks I’m a keen golfer, keen but not good!
  6. What is your favorite color? Blue

Last edited:

Mike1995

View Badges
Reaction score
I wanna do it! :)

1. What is your shirt size? L
  2. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* yes but nothing too hard. Id like soft corals or something. Still learning the hobby :)
  3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? Beef jerky
  4. What is your gender? M
  5. What are your other hobbies (besides reefing...that's assumed) or other interests (be sure to include any favorite movies/TV shows, sports teams, etc.)?Freshwater fish keeping, fishing, hunting, the avengers, Star Wars
  6. What is your favorite color?Teal!

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
This seems awesome! Are there any requirements for minimum posts or minimum time signed up to this forum?
Here is how it will work:
  • Members can sign up between now and December 1st.
  • Secret Santas will be assigned on December 2nd.
  • The total value of the gift must be at least $20.00. Please keep in mind that you may go above the minimum, but you may not receive the same in turn.
  • Buy or make gifts by 12/17/2018
  • Ship all gifts the week of 12/17/2018-12/21/2018
  • Delivery confirmation is mandatory and will need to be sent to @Santa Claus.
You can go to overview too

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Secret Santa Questionnaire:
  1. What is your shirt size? 3X "I snack on my corals ;)"
  2. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Sure, I like LPS but getting into SPS's! I do live in Michigan, sooo it might be to cold for shipping ;)
  3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? I enjoy grilling so steaks and burgers! I like to marinate my meats.
  5. What are your other hobbies (besides reefing...that's assumed) or other interests (be sure to include any favorite movies/TV shows, sports teams, etc.)? PC Games "Steam" or Board games like Catan! My 2014 Jeep Wrangler
  6. What is your favorite color? BLUE
Looking forward to this! Get me somethin real nice!

Jacked Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Shirt size: S or M
Livestock: HECK YEAH send me your favorite corals I need to kickstart my collection and my light will be done this week!
Favorite food/ snacks: I like anything as long as it’s not veggies or fruits I’m very picky about those
Hobbies: Fishing, FW aquariums, Cars, Drawing.

Edit: forgot color, it’s black. Or yellow when on corals

Can’t wait guys, Been wanting to do one of these for a while now.

Last edited:

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
secret santa graphic.jpg

Also, notice that we have a special Secret Santa forum going on! Feel free to start other threads in here to talk about everything Secret Santa related, holiday related, or just anything you want to talk with all of us other SS peeps!

Be sure to get a wish list going too!! Post your wishlist by starting a new thread in the Secret Santa forum. We'll need at least 5 items by December 1st...but feel free to post as many as you want!! Go WILD!! LOL (Oh, and if you could post a link to your wishlist in here, that'd be great!)

I don't see the special form to list my wish list, it only have the registration form listed.

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
  5. What are your other hobbies (besides reefing...that's assumed) or other interests (be sure to include any favorite movies/TV shows, sports teams, etc.)? Durham Bulls & Tampa Bay Rays, Scuba Diving, Flying single-engine planes, FAMILY, Camping in my Airstream, My Harley-Davidson's
  6. What is your favorite color? Olive Drab Green

Last edited:

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What is your shirt size? 4xlt
  2. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* sure, I keep a fish only with tangs, triggers, angels, and wrasses. Pods would cool.
  3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? Super spicy jerky, chocolate (not dark)
  5. What are your other hobbies (besides reefing...that's assumed) or other interests (be sure to include any favorite movies/TV shows, sports teams, etc.)? RC (cars, drones) Walking Dead, Forged in Fire, Dallas Cowboys, Texas Rangers
  6. What is your favorite color? Blue, Grey

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
This is awesome!

2. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* No, tank isn't ready
  3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? Cashews and Peanuts
  5. What are your other hobbies (besides reefing...that's assumed) or other interests (be sure to include any favorite movies/TV shows, sports teams, etc.)? Bama football, woodworking, cooking, guitar
  6. What is your favorite color? Yellow

Mike1995

View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What is your shirt size? 4xlt
  2. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* sure, I keep a fish only with tangs, triggers, angels, and wrasses. Pods would cool.
  3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? Super spicy jerky, chocolate (not dark)
  5. What are your other hobbies (besides reefing...that's assumed) or other interests (be sure to include any favorite movies/TV shows, sports teams, etc.)? RC (cars, drones) Walking Dead, Forged in Fire, Dallas Cowboys, Texas Rangers
  6. What is your favorite color? Blue, Grey

Your disqualified for being a cowboys fan :p

reacclimating 2 the hobby

patience is... oh look an acro pack fs!
View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What is your shirt size? XL
  2. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* My tank will be fairly new, so anything hardy.
  3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? Peanut butter!!
  5. What are your other hobbies (besides reefing...that's assumed) or other interests (be sure to include any favorite movies/TV shows, sports teams, etc.)? I do a lot of wood working on the side for fun.
  6. What is your favorite color? Purple (go Vikings!)

reacclimating 2 the hobby

patience is... oh look an acro pack fs!
View Badges
Reaction score
R2R Secret Santa 2018 is the name of it.
I did the PM then went to join according to this and don't see the 'Secret Santa' group?

1. PM @Santa Claus with your contact information (full name, email, and shipping address).
  2. Join our Secret Santa usergroup (CLICK HERE)
  5. What are your other hobbies (besides reefing...that's assumed) or other interests (be sure to include any favorite movies/TV shows, sports teams, etc.)? Durham Bulls
  6. What is your favorite color? Olive Drab Green

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back