*** R2R Secret Santa 2019 - Official Registration Thread ***

Will you be participating in Secret Santa 2019?

• Yep! Count me in! (Be sure to register in the thread)

Votes: 268 63.2%
  • Not this year

Votes: 126 29.7%
  • I hope to, but I'm not located in the USA (You are welcome to join wherever you're from!!)

Votes: 30 7.1%

• Total voters

DSEKULA

View Badges
Reaction score
Secret Santa Questionnaire:
  1. What is your shirt size? Mens/ unisex medium
  2. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? allergic to fruits and vegetables and gluten. I like chocolate stuff :)
  3. What is your gender? Female
  4. What are your hobbies or other interests? obviously aquariums also martial arts
  5. What is your favorite color? neon green, such as a black shirt with neon green text for high contrast
  6. What is your favorite fish? My spotted (green) Mandarin
  7. What is your favorite coral? euphelia
  8. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? Of course, my tank is mainly euphelia, acropora, zoas and nems. I would love any of those but really not fussy if anyone wants to share.

Mike1995

View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What is your shirt size? Xl
  2. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? Beef jerky. Chicken.
  3. What is your gender? Male
  4. What are your hobbies or other interests? Fishing, hunting, house plants, outdoor gardens, camping
  5. What is your favorite color? Teal
  6. What is your favorite fish? Coral beauty angelfish
  7. What is your favorite coral? I'm not sure.
  8. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? Please don't send any livestock.

George Villasenor

View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What is your shirt size? Large
  2. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? No allergies, I'll eat anything edible; not gonna lie.
  4. What are your hobbies or other interests? Longboarding, dart frogs, ant keeping, LoL, Rainbow 6, warhammer 40k, star wars, collecting flannels, collecting sand or rocks from notable locations.
  5. What is your favorite color? Green
  6. What is your favorite fish? Harlequin tusk
  7. What is your favorite coral? Chalices
  8. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Yes, I'd be interested in receiving livestock. Recently got a tank running dedicated for sps and chalices, still need spots to fill the rock-scape, any sps or chalice frag is welcome! I'm also happy to receive fish as the tank is barely stocked at the moment. (60 gallon cube bare bottom) I also have a huge fascination with inverts in the reef, love the little guys!

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
The day before thanksgiving, I believe.
Day or two before sounds right compared to last year and good timing as many sales will occur Thanksgiving weekend and will allow you to shop with savings for your recipient

SinCityRee4r

View Badges
Reaction score
Requested to register.

1. What is your shirt size? XL
  2. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Anything Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? None
  3. What is your gender? MAle
  4. What are your hobbies or other interests? Mountain Biking, Soccer, Tinkering
  5. What is your favorite color? Blue
  6. What is your favorite fish? Melanarus Wrasse
  7. What is your favorite coral? Any Acropora
  8. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Yes I would, No Anemones or soft coral
Thanks in Advance!

Badilac

View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What is your shirt size? XL
  2. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Candy, Pizza. Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? No
  4. What are your hobbies or other interests? Cars (Cadillac ATS-V)
  5. What is your favorite color? Red or black
  6. What is your favorite fish? Crosshatch trigger or Achilles tang
  7. What is your favorite coral? Torches and hammers
  8. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? Maybe Zoas, torches or hammers*disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*

DeepintheReef

View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What is your shirt size? M
  2. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? Reese's pieces, no allergies
  4. What are your hobbies or other interests? Bartending, 3-D printing
  5. What is your favorite color? Blue
  6. What is your favorite fish? Discus
  7. What is your favorite coral? Zoas and palys
  8. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? Non-invasive soft corals (no Xenia, Kenya tree, GSP, etc.) and most LPS

Cstar_BC

View Badges
Reaction score
;Penguin;Penguin

1. What is your shirt size? medium
  2. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? Oreo cookies, chocolate, cheese, salt and vinegar chips - no allergies
  3. What is your gender? female
  4. What are your hobbies or other interests? Horseriding, painting(acrylic/oil),knitting/crochet
  5. What is your favorite color? Purple
  6. What is your favorite fish? Lion’s mane Jellyfish
  7. What is your favorite coral? Anything super colourful and patterned like cyphastreas and acans
  8. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* No Thank you

tweeter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What is your shirt size? No shirts please
  2. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? Anything
  3. What is your gender? Female
  4. What are your hobbies or other interests? Gardening
  5. What is your favorite color? Bright colors
  6. What is your favorite fish? Like them all
  7. What is your favorite coral? Euphyllias and lobos
  8. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*. sure

Stevel

View Badges
Reaction score
R2R Secret Santa.jpg

Hi Reef2Reefers!! We're excited to invite you to participate in the R2R Secret Santa 2019 gift exchange! This a great way for our members to spread some holiday cheer and as a bonus get to know each other little better.

I mean lots of us have family and friends who just don't get this crazy hobby of ours, and let's face it, they're probably more likely to get you another pair of socks than that latest trinket for your reef hobby that you've been eyeing... ;) But this gift exchange will be different because it's FOR REEFERS BY REEFERS! This will be lots of fun for everyone!!

Here is how it will work:
  • Members can sign up between now and November 24th.
  • Secret Santas will be assigned on November 25th.
  • The total value of the gift must be at least $20.00. Please keep in mind that you may go above the minimum, but you may not receive the same in turn.
  • Buy or make gifts by 12/14/2019
  • Ship all gifts the week of 12/14/2018-12/21/2019
  • Delivery confirmation is mandatory and will need to be sent to @Santa Claus.
  • Due to issues with shipping internationally, we need to make our participants outside the USA aware that if we don't have any other participants from your region or country, you may be matched with someone of a different region/country. As long as you are ok with that, you are welcome to join in the fun! (Feel free to PM Santa with any questions.)
All R2R Secret Santa participants will receive a special SS banner under their username.

To sign up, you will need to:
  1. PM @Santa Claus with your contact information (name, email, and country you're located in so that we can PM you the link to sign up on Elfster and join the gift exchange). Santa will also add you to the R2R Secret Santa Usergroup (which will give you a spiffy red badge).
  2. Post in this thread with your answers to the questionnaire (see below) IN THIS THREAD (this is our official registration thread).
  1. What is your shirt size?
  2. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind?
  3. What is your gender?
  4. What are your hobbies or other interests?
  5. What is your favorite color?
  6. What is your favorite fish?
  7. What is your favorite coral?
  8. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*
If shipping coral we ask that you notify us with when you would like 2 ship so we can notify recipient and make sure they will be able to take in. If recipient can't be there we will ask them for 2 other days and work out with sender. (We don't mind playing the go between here to keep it more a secret.)

Also, notice that we have a special Secret Santa forum going on! Feel free to start other threads in here to talk about everything Secret Santa related, holiday related, or just anything you want to talk with all of us other SS peeps! Go wild! LOL
Shirt size is XL
Fav foods crab
Gender male
Hobbit are saltwater fish and coral keeping
Fav color any fluorescent color
Fav fish my imperator angel
Fav coral is all but Xenia yes interested in livestock
Thanks guys Happy Holidays

SaltFishTV

View Badges
Reaction score
New guy here
  1. What is your shirt size? Large
  2. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? Anything lol
  4. What are your hobbies or other interests? Silver and gold stacking
  5. What is your favorite color? Red and black
  6. What is your favorite fish? Flame angel
  7. What is your favorite coral? SPS or any great looking torch!
  8. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Yes, anything like a frogfish

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 25 13.8%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 31 17.1%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 28 15.5%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 94 51.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.7%
Back