*** R2R Secret Santa 2019 - Official Registration Thread ***

Will you be participating in Secret Santa 2019?

• Yep! Count me in! (Be sure to register in the thread)

Votes: 268 63.2%
  • Not this year

Votes: 126 29.7%
  • I hope to, but I'm not located in the USA (You are welcome to join wherever you're from!!)

Votes: 30 7.1%

• Total voters

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Hooray - Let the Holiday Cheer begin !!!
  1. What is your shirt size? X Large
  2. What are your favorite foods or snacks? A chicago Deep dish pizza is deliverable ( hint-hint)
  3. What is your gender? Male
  4. What are your hobbies or other interests? Reefing and reefing. Also Music
  5. What is your favorite color? Blue or Gray
  6. What is your favorite fish? Harlequin tusk and chevron Tang
  7. What is your favorite coral? Ones that don't die BUT . . . Purple and Green Stylo
  8. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? Cool coral frags or Gift certificate for some to order when shipping and weather is optimal

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score

Vinman

Brewing is worth it
View Badges
Reaction score
Hi Reef2Reefers!! We're excited to invite you to participate in the R2R Secret Santa 2019 gift exchange! This a great way for our members to spread some holiday cheer and as a bonus get to know each other little better.

I mean lots of us have family and friends who just don't get this crazy hobby of ours, and let's face it, they're probably more likely to get you another pair of socks than that latest trinket for your reef hobby that you've been eyeing... ;) But this gift exchange will be different because it's FOR REEFERS BY REEFERS! This will be lots of fun for everyone!!

Here is how it will work:
  • Members can sign up between now and November 27th.
  • Secret Santas will be assigned on November 28th.
  • The total value of the gift must be at least $20.00. Please keep in mind that you may go above the minimum, but you may not receive the same in turn.
  • Buy or make gifts by 12/14/2019
  • Ship all gifts the week of 12/14/2018-12/21/2019
  • Delivery confirmation is mandatory and will need to be sent to @Santa Claus.
  • Due to issues with shipping and gift, we unfortunately need to limit participation at this time to the US. However, if we have enough international Reef2Reefers who would like to participate, we could start a separate pool to allow international participants of different regions to participate with others from their region. If you're an international member who would like to participate, please PM @Santa Claus.
All R2R Secret Santa participants will receive a special SS banner under their username.

To sign up, you will need to:
  1. PM @Santa Claus with your contact information (name and email so that we can PM you the link to sign up on Elfster and join the gift exchange).
  2. Join our R2R Secret Santa 2019 usergroup (CLICK HERE).
  3. Post in this thread with your answers to the questionnaire (see below) IN THIS THREAD (this is our official registration thread).
Secret Santa Questionnaire:
  1. What is your shirt size?
  2. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind?
  3. What is your gender?
  4. What are your hobbies or other interests?
  5. What is your favorite color?
  6. What is your favorite fish?
  7. What is your favorite coral?
  8. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*
If shipping coral we ask that you notify us with when you would like 2 ship so we can notify recipient and make sure they will be able to take in. If recipient can't be there we will ask them for 2 other days and work out with sender. (We don't mind playing the go between here to keep it more a secret.)

Also, notice that we have a special Secret Santa forum going on! Feel free to start other threads in here to talk about everything Secret Santa related, holiday related, or just anything you want to talk with all of us other SS peeps! Go wild! LOL
Hi Reef2Reefers!! We're excited to invite you to participate in the R2R Secret Santa 2019 gift exchange! This a great way for our members to spread some holiday cheer and as a bonus get to know each other little better.

I mean lots of us have family and friends who just don't get this crazy hobby of ours, and let's face it, they're probably more likely to get you another pair of socks than that latest trinket for your reef hobby that you've been eyeing... ;) But this gift exchange will be different because it's FOR REEFERS BY REEFERS! This will be lots of fun for everyone!!

Here is how it will work:
  • Members can sign up between now and November 27th.
  • Secret Santas will be assigned on November 28th.
  • The total value of the gift must be at least $20.00. Please keep in mind that you may go above the minimum, but you may not receive the same in turn.
  • Buy or make gifts by 12/14/2019
  • Ship all gifts the week of 12/14/2018-12/21/2019
  • Delivery confirmation is mandatory and will need to be sent to @Santa Claus.
  • Due to issues with shipping and gift, we unfortunately need to limit participation at this time to the US. However, if we have enough international Reef2Reefers who would like to participate, we could start a separate pool to allow international participants of different regions to participate with others from their region. If you're an international member who would like to participate, please PM @Santa Claus.
All R2R Secret Santa participants will receive a special SS banner under their username.

1. PM @Santa Claus with your contact information (name and email so that we can PM you the link to sign up on Elfster and join the gift exchange).
  3. Post in this thread with your answers to the questionnaire (see below) IN THIS THREAD (this is our official registration thread).
  1. What is your shirt size?
  2. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind?
  3. What is your gender?
  4. What are your hobbies or other interests?
  5. What is your favorite color?
  6. What is your favorite fish?
  7. What is your favorite coral?
  8. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*
If shipping coral we ask that you notify us with when you would like 2 ship so we can notify recipient and make sure they will be able to take in. If recipient can't be there we will ask them for 2 other days and work out with sender. (We don't mind playing the go between here to keep it more a secret.)

Also, notice that we have a special Secret Santa forum going on! Feel free to start other threads in here to talk about everything Secret Santa related, holiday related, or just anything you want to talk with all of us other SS peeps! Go wild! LOL
Shirt size large
Italian food and chocolate
Male
Diving and brewing beer
Blue
Tang
Bowerbanki
No to livestock

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What is your shirt size? XL
  2. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? British Chocolate, British Crisps, Irish Sausages, Anything British :) Coffee Ground
  4. What are your hobbies or other interests? Hunting, Shooting
  5. What is your favorite color? Red
  6. What is your favorite fish? Wrasse, Goby, Achilies Tang ;)
  7. What is your favorite coral? Anything SPS or ZOA
  8. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Only Coral, ZOA or Invert.

Last edited:

Doostur

I'm a Derpus
View Badges
Reaction score
I'm in :rolleyes:.

1. What is your shirt size? Medium
  2. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? No allergies. Food = Steak, Snack = Nutz LOL!
  4. What are your hobbies or other interests? Cars, Drones, Traveling, Getting my hair played with ;Blackeye
  5. What is your favorite color? Grey/Titanium/Gunmetal
  6. What is your favorite fish? Atlantic Blue Tang or Midas Blenny
  7. What is your favorite coral? Torch
  8. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Sure - Anything.

Last edited:

TheOne

View Badges
Reaction score
Sounds like fun. Count me in also.

2. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? I'm a Coffee Aficionado
  4. What are your hobbies or other interests? Flying Drones and Bass Fishing
  5. What is your favorite color? Blue
  6. What is your favorite fish? All Tangs
  7. What is your favorite coral? Anything SPS
  8. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Busiest Time of Year So For The Sake Of Any Livestock I Choose No

Last edited:

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
  2. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Coffee (whole bean)
  3. What is your gender? M
  4. What are your hobbies or other interests? Breeding aquarium fish and exercising
  5. What is your favorite color? Black
  6. What is your favorite fish? All species of clownfish
  7. What is your favorite coral? RFAs
  8. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? Not at this time.

Last edited:

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What is your shirt size? Medium
  2. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? Cheetos (or maybe pronounced chaetos) No allergies.
  4. What are your hobbies or other interests? Diving, reading, camping, fishing
  5. What is your favorite color? Green
  6. What is your favorite fish? Too hard to say. Ones with fins?
  7. What is your favorite coral? Right now? My Red Planet
  8. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* I have room for one or two more acro's, but nothing in particular

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score

Wolf89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What is your shirt size? M
  2. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? No allergies
  4. What are your hobbies or other interests? Fossil hunting, bone collecting, taxidermy. Anything anything related really
  5. What is your favorite color? Black and blue
  6. What is your favorite fish? Copperband butterfly or tomini tang, neither of which I have :(
  7. What is your favorite coral? That I have, my elegance. I love anemones. Lps are my favorites, but I love all corals! I think a good sized Duncan would be amazing. I also really like gonipora. I really haven't seen a lot of the more exotic corals which all look stunning in pictures
  8. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* yes very much so. Fish, coral, inverts, nems. I have a 90 gallon so no tangs except maybe a tomini tang
Thanks for organizing this! First time, I hope this goes well!

Last edited:

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Did I do that right... how do I get the name look who I'm buying for sorry I'm a rookie

Make sure that you follow all three steps and then you will be assigned someone soon:

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I'm in!

What is your shirt size? XL

What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? Not a big snack guy.. no allergies. But I do like coffee, ground roast or k cup.. : ) (as mentioned by @vetteguy53091 )

What is your gender? Male

What are your hobbies or other interests?
Cars, wood working(I make live edge tables and river tables)

What is your favorite color? Blue

What is your favorite fish? Flasher fairy wrasses

What is your favorite coral? Acros

Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*
I wouldn't mind coral but I'm stocked up for fish.

Cant wait. This should be fun!

Last edited:

mike werner

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I'm in again!!

shirt size xl big boy size
food and drink. I eat anything and drink everything.
favorite coral. any that I can keep alive.
hobbies. Hunting and fishing in Md.
I'm a dude.
I'm a giver not a taker so I'm happy with anything.I do love to be surprised at xmas so Secret Santa is perfect for me.
I can't wait to see the pics of all the cool stuff everyone receives.Last year was great!

SDK

Reef Diver
View Badges
Reaction score
Im in as well!

1. What is your shirt size? XXL
  2. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? Anything dark chocolate or toffee
  4. What are your hobbies or other interests? Skiing, Golf
  5. What is your favorite color? Green
  6. What is your favorite fish? Clownfish
  7. What is your favorite coral? Zoas
  8. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? Yes
  9. If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Just about anything small enough to stay in a 40B or Nuvo 20

Last edited:

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
oh I got be at the #1 or #2 spot on that list !!!!

SantaDontBelieve.gif

:)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back