*** R2R Secret Santa 2019 - Official Registration Thread ***

Will you be participating in Secret Santa 2019?

• Yep! Count me in! (Be sure to register in the thread)

Votes: 268 63.2%
  • Not this year

Votes: 126 29.7%
  • I hope to, but I'm not located in the USA (You are welcome to join wherever you're from!!)

Votes: 30 7.1%

• Total voters

Santa Claus

View Badges
Reaction score
R2R Secret Santa.jpg

Hi Reef2Reefers!! We're excited to invite you to participate in the R2R Secret Santa 2019 gift exchange! This a great way for our members to spread some holiday cheer and as a bonus get to know each other little better.

I mean lots of us have family and friends who just don't get this crazy hobby of ours, and let's face it, they're probably more likely to get you another pair of socks than that latest trinket for your reef hobby that you've been eyeing... ;) But this gift exchange will be different because it's FOR REEFERS BY REEFERS! This will be lots of fun for everyone!!

Here is how it will work:
  • Members can sign up between now and November 24th.
  • Secret Santas will be assigned on November 25th.
  • The total value of the gift must be at least $20.00. Please keep in mind that you may go above the minimum, but you may not receive the same in turn.
  • Buy or make gifts by 12/14/2019
  • Ship all gifts the week of 12/14/2018-12/21/2019
  • Delivery confirmation is mandatory and will need to be sent to @Santa Claus.
  • Due to issues with shipping internationally, we need to make our participants outside the USA aware that if we don't have any other participants from your region or country, you may be matched with someone of a different region/country. As long as you are ok with that, you are welcome to join in the fun! (Feel free to PM Santa with any questions.)
All R2R Secret Santa participants will receive a special SS banner under their username.

Sign up is closed to any new registrations for this year for anyone who hasn't already posted in this thread or contacted me. I'm working right now on getting everything set to draw names!

If shipping coral we ask that you notify us with when you would like 2 ship so we can notify recipient and make sure they will be able to take in. If recipient can't be there we will ask them for 2 other days and work out with sender. (We don't mind playing the go between here to keep it more a secret.)

Also, notice that we have a special Secret Santa forum going on! Feel free to start other threads in here to talk about everything Secret Santa related, holiday related, or just anything you want to talk with all of us other SS peeps! Go wild! LOL

Last edited:

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
I'm in!

1. What is your shirt size? XL
  2. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Takis, cookies (especially chocolate chip), chocolate of any kind. Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? Nope
  3. What is your gender? Male
  4. What are your hobbies or other interests? My faith is very important to me (I'm a Christian), Cars (I have an 2014 Infiniti Q50), Star Wars, Marvel Movies, and Lord of the Rings memorabilia, coffee...I drink gallons of Starbucks and Klatch Coffee (our local coffee place)
  5. What is your favorite color? Black
  6. What is your favorite fish? Most wrasses, especially fairy and flasher
  7. What is your favorite coral? Tough call...I like acros, chalices, favias... who am I kidding? I love most corals
  8. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? Sure. Most any corals or anemones (bta or flower nems). No fish please

Last edited:

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
In baby!

2. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? No allergies and I’ll eat anything
  3. What is your gender? Male or Glitter Fairy, whichever you prefer
  4. What are your hobbies or other interests? Cars (Mitsubishi) And video games (Xbox)
  5. What is your favorite color?Green
  6. What is your favorite fish?Potters Angelfish
  7. What is your favorite coral? SPS any types of sticks or encrusting month
  8. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock. I would be interested in acros or monti’s. I’m pretty stocked up on fish. However, should my SS choose to go this route, I would be fine waiting for warmer weather to receive.
Merry Christmas all, this is going to be a fun one :D

Last edited:

andyg1960

View Badges
Reaction score
Secret Santa Questionnaire:
  2. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? No allergies, I eat anything :)
  4. What are your hobbies or other interests? Gardening, deep sea fishing
  5. What is your favorite color? Blue
  6. What is your favorite fish? Goldflake Angel
  7. What is your favorite coral? I like the movement of soft corals, Euphyllia
  8. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* because it’s hard to ship in winter, best not to receive livestock

Last edited:

Old Fritz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I'm in

I was about to say "isn't too soon" and then I realized it's already november.

1. What is your shirt size?
Large
  1. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind?
Not really a snacky kinda guy but I do love chocolate covered pretzels and dark chocolate
What is your gender?

Male

What are your hobbies or other interests?
Fishing, keeping reptiles (heresy I know), listening to music, PC gaming

What is your favorite color?
Blue

What is your favorite fish?
Flagfin angel

What is your favorite coral?
Dont hate me but I'm not a big coral guy
  1. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock
Yes

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Back in it again!!!!

1. What is your shirt size?- 3 X
  2. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind?- I enjoy gummy bears and Asian foods!
  4. What are your hobbies or other interests? Cigars, Warhammer 40k
  5. What is your favorite color? Red
  6. What is your favorite fish? Eels!
  7. What is your favorite coral? Chalice corals
  8. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? sure! I'd take zoas and if someone was kind a marine betta or harlequin tusk would be great!!!

Dine

View Badges
Reaction score
What is your shirt size? XL
What are your favorite snacks? Gummy anything. No allergies
What is your gender? male
What are your hobbies or other interests? Fish and the occasional video game.
What is your favorite color? Purple
What is your favorite fish? Gobies but I’m a sucker for anything unique.
What is your favorite coral? Zoas!
Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? sure but it needs to live happily in a 24x20 inch foot print. Peaceful. Coral wise zoa or sps. Have the flow/light to care for anything within that though.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
CatReady.gif

I have sent my PM to Santa and submitted my request to join the usergroup. I'll post my answers to the questionnaire soon - I'm really hoping to not get coal again this year!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
CatReady.gif

I have sent my PM to Santa and submitted my request to join the usergroup. I'll post my answers to the questionnaire soon - I'm really hoping to not get coal again this year!
Oh I hope I get you for my pick :D:D:D Don’t worry, I won’t send you COAL ;)

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
It won't let me PM. Says it doesn't recognize the name @Santa Claus. Am I doing something wrong?
Select the tag you just made in your post above and see if it brings up the user account, and then select “Start Conversation”

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score

DEWreefing

View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What is your shirt size? 3XL
  2. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? ANYTHING
  3. What is your gender? MALE
  4. What are your hobbies or other interests? HOTRODS
  5. What is your favorite color? GREEN OR BLACK
  6. What is your favorite fish? CLOWN TANG
  7. What is your favorite coral? ACROPORA TENIUS
  8. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* INTERESTED IN ACROS OF ANY TYPE

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
It won't let me PM. Says it doesn't recognize the name @Santa Claus. Am I doing something wrong?

I don't think you need to enter the "@". Just type "Santa Claus" (or click on the link in the original post and it should auto populate).

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Select the tag you just made in your post above and see if it brings up the user account, and then select “Start Conversation”

Worked that time. Thanks!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 84 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back