*** R2R Secret Santa 2020 - Official Registration Thread ***

Philly Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Have you set up your account on Elfster?

Names for the first batch have not been drawn yet. Should be soon. @Santa Claus

I have not even get the link to join elfster yet

1. PM @Santa Claus with your contact information (name, email, and country you're located in so that we can PM you the link to sign up on Elfster and join the gift exchange).
Did that. No reply yet

Treenk

View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What country are you located in?US
  2. What is your shirt size? Large
  3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? SOUR Candy
  4. What is your gender? Male
  5. What are your hobbies or other interests? Aquariums, pc gaming, guitar
  6. What is your favorite color? Sky Blue and Pink
  7. What is your favorite fish? Mandarin Goby
  8. What is your favorite coral? Zoanthids
  9. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* I would, but keep in mind I have a nano tank.
  10. Would you be willing and able to give livestock as a gift? *We will aim to connect those who would like to give livestock with those who would like to receive it* no

One Reefing Boi

View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What country are you located in? US
  2. What is your shirt size? S
  3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? Peach Rings/No Allergies
  5. What are your hobbies or other interests? Coffee Roasting/Software Development
  6. What is your favorite color? Blue
  7. What is your favorite fish? Mandarin
  8. What is your favorite coral? Exotic Torches
  9. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Yes -- LPS or SPS, but always a fan of Euphyllia
  10. Would you be willing and able to give livestock as a gift? *We will aim to connect those who would like to give livestock with those who would like to receive it* Sure

Joshcom

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
R2R Secret Santa.jpg

Ho! Ho! Ho!! It's that time again!! I'm excited to invite you to join the fun for the R2R Secret Santa 2020 gift exchange!

Those of you who've joined us before know how much fun this will be, and for those of you joining us for the first time, you're in for a treat! This is going to be a great time to share holiday cheer with one another!!

I mean lots of us have family and friends who just don't get this crazy hobby of ours, and let's face it, they're probably more likely to get you another pair of socks than that thing you really want for your reef hobby... ;) But this gift exchange will be different because it's FOR REEFERS BY REEFERS! This will be lots of fun for everyone!!

Here is how it will work:
  • Members can sign up between now and November 14th.
  • As you sign up, you'll get a link to the gift exchange on Elfster (it's the Secret Santa exchange website/app that we use to organize the gift exchange) where you'll need to register and create your own wishlist for your Secret Santa.
  • Secret Santas will be assigned in batches of 100 (so we'll be monitoring this number as you guys sign up). The final matchup will take place on November 15th for those who aren't matched before then.
  • The total value of the gift must be at least $25.00. Please keep in mind that you may go above the minimum, but you may not receive the same in turn.
  • Buy or make gifts and ship them by 12/7/2020.
  • Delivery confirmation is mandatory and will need to be sent to @Santa Claus and/or updated in Elfster.
  • Due to issues with shipping internationally, we need to make our participants outside the USA aware that if we don't have any other participants from your region or country, you may be matched with someone of a different region/country. As long as you are ok with that, you are welcome to join in the fun! (Feel free to PM Santa or @Hermey with any questions.)
All R2R Secret Santa participants will receive a special SS banner under their username.

To sign up, you will need to do these 3 things (PLEASE DO ALL 3):
  1. PM @Santa Claus with your contact information (name, email, and country you're located in so that we can PM you the link to sign up on Elfster and join the gift exchange).
  2. Post in this thread with your answers to the questionnaire (see below) IN THIS THREAD (this is our official registration thread).
  3. Join our R2R Secret Santa 2020 user group (CLICK HERE). *Btw, there's a glitch that may make your build thread badge disappear when you join. CLICK HERE to easily add it back.
Secret Santa Questionnaire:
  1. What country are you located in?
  2. What is your shirt size?
  3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind?
  4. What is your gender?
  5. What are your hobbies or other interests?
  6. What is your favorite color?
  7. What is your favorite fish?
  8. What is your favorite coral?
  9. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*
  10. Would you be willing and able to give livestock as a gift? *We will aim to connect those who would like to give livestock with those who would like to receive it*

If shipping coral we ask that you notify @Santa Claus and @Hermey via PM when you would like 2 ship so we can notify recipient and make sure they will be able to receive it. If recipient can't be there we will ask them for 2 other days and work out with sender. (We don't mind playing the go between here to keep it more a secret.)

Also, notice that we have a special Secret Santa forum going on! Feel free to start other threads in here to talk about everything Secret Santa related, holiday related, or just anything you want to talk with all of us other SS peeps! Go wild! LOL #R2RSecretSanta
1.Canada
2.Xxl
3.Anything edible
4.Male
5.woodworking
6.Anything Neon
7.Candy Basslet
8.Forest fire digi
9.No livestock
10.No giving livestock

brownjoshua475

View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What country are you located in? USA
  2. What is your shirt size? XXL
  3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? ANYTHING
  4. What is your gender? MALE
  5. What are your hobbies or other interests? SPORTS AND REEF
  6. What is your favorite color? BLUE
  7. What is your favorite fish? CLOWNFISH
  8. What is your favorite coral? ACROPORA
  9. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* YES CORAL
  10. Would you be willing and able to give livestock as a gift? *We will aim to connect those who would like to give livestock with those who would like to receive it* YES

Trigun470

View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What country are you located in? USA
  2. What is your shirt size? Medium
  3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? Raising canes, Panda express, salt and vinegar chips lays
  5. What are your hobbies or other interests? Piano, learning japanese
  6. What is your favorite color? Red
  7. What is your favorite fish? Purple tang
  8. What is your favorite coral? Walt Disney Acro
  9. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* No
  10. Would you be willing and able to give livestock as a gift? *We will aim to connect those who would like to give livestock with those who would like to receive it* No

Mark Lawson

View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What country are you located in?
USA
  1. What is your shirt size?
4XL
  1. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind?
Most all are good...
  1. What is your gender?
Male
  1. What are your hobbies or other interests?
Drones
  1. What is your favorite color?
Black
  1. What is your favorite fish?
Leopard Wrasse/Fairy wrasse
  1. What is your favorite coral?
Elegance/Torches/Hammers
  1. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*
Not right now need finish setup of 90
  1. Would you be willing and able to give livestock as a gift? *We will aim to connect those who would like to give livestock with those who would like to receive it*
Yes

OP
OP
Santa Claus

Santa Claus

View Badges
Reaction score
I think we have a solution. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to remove our international participants from the exchange for the draw, but I'll invite you guys back immediately after we do the first draw. Sorry guys! I didn't think this would be an issue. I've already got a better plan for next year.

harley32907

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
1.What country are you located in?
US
2.What is your shirt size?
XL
3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? Don't have one. And no
Peanuts all kinds
4. What is your gender?
Male
5. What are your hobbies or other interests?
fishing, firearms
6. What is your favorite color?
Black
7. What is your favorite fish?
Hippo Tang
8. What is your favorite coral?
Zoas
9. Would you be interested in receiving livestock?
No
10. Would you be willing and able to give livestock as a gift?
No

OP
OP
Santa Claus

Santa Claus

View Badges
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I added this to the opening post, and wanted to include it here as well.

A note on creating your Elfster wish list. Our minimum gift amount is $25, and you shouldn't expect more than that to be spent on a gift. HOWEVER, please feel free to throw anything you'd like on that list. I find it's fun for folks to list out even those crazy expensive things they'd like, so put that new 300-gallon custom tank on there! LOL No harm in dreaming! Go wild! Also, as you look at the wish list created by your recipient, don't be alarmed if there are items on there you won't be able to buy them. Please don't feel obligated to spend more than you planned. Remember, it's a "wish list," and there's no harm in their wishing. :) While it's great to be generous, your recipient isn't expecting you to give more than the minimum. From experience, I know that your gift (whatever it may be) will bring joy because of the thought and kindness that goes into it.

OP
OP
Santa Claus

Santa Claus

View Badges
Reaction score
OUR 1ST ROUND OF NAMES HAVE BEEN DRAWN!!!

You should be able to find your match on Elfster. If you have any difficulty send me or @Hermey a PM, and We'll be glad to help!

If you haven't signed up yet, there's still plenty of time to join the FUN!!!

Last edited:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 27.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back