It should alert you, but I wouldn't worry either way. We're still ahead of the deadline, and I know a lot of people are still sending their gifts out.Does it alert on elfster if your gift has been shipped? Havent seen anything. I know the person I sent the gift to got theirs.
Secret Santa Questionnaire:
Ho! Ho! Ho!! It's that time again!! I'm excited to invite you to join the fun for the R2R Secret Santa 2020 gift exchange!
Those of you who've joined us before know how much fun this will be, and for those of you joining us for the first time, you're in for a treat! This is going to be a great time to share holiday cheer with one another!!
I mean lots of us have family and friends who just don't get this crazy hobby of ours, and let's face it, they're probably more likely to get you another pair of socks than that thing you really want for your reef hobby... But this gift exchange will be different because it's FOR REEFERS BY REEFERS! This will be lots of fun for everyone!!
Here is how it will work:
All R2R Secret Santa participants will receive a special SS banner under their username.
- Members can sign up between now and November 15th.
- As you sign up, you'll get a link to the gift exchange on Elfster (it's the Secret Santa exchange website/app that we use to organize the gift exchange) where you'll need to register and create your own wishlist for your Secret Santa.*
- Secret Santas will be assigned in batches of 100 (so we'll be monitoring this number as you guys sign up). The final matchup will take place on November 15th for those who aren't matched before then.
- The total value of the gift must be at least $25.00. Please keep in mind that you may go above the minimum, but you may not receive the same in turn.
- Buy or make gifts and ship them by 12/7/2020.
- Delivery confirmation is mandatory and will need to be sent to @Santa Claus and/or updated in Elfster.
- Due to issues with shipping internationally, we need to make our participants outside the USA aware that if we don't have any other participants from your region or country, you may be matched with someone of a different region/country. As long as you are ok with that, you are welcome to join in the fun! (Feel free to PM Santa or @Hermey with any questions.)
To sign up, you will need to do these 3 things (PLEASE DO ALL 3):
Secret Santa Questionnaire:
- PM @Santa Claus with your contact information (name, email, and country you're located in so that we can PM you the link to sign up on Elfster and join the gift exchange).
- Post in this thread with your answers to the questionnaire (see below) IN THIS THREAD (this is our official registration thread).
- Join our R2R Secret Santa 2020 user group (CLICK HERE). *Btw, there's a glitch that may make your build thread badge disappear when you join. CLICK HERE to easily add it back.
- What country are you located in?
- What is your shirt size?
- What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind?
- What is your gender?
- What are your hobbies or other interests?
- What is your favorite color?
- What is your favorite fish?
- What is your favorite coral?
- Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*
If shipping coral we ask that you notify @Santa Claus and @Hermey via PM when you would like 2 ship so we can notify recipient and make sure they will be able to receive it. If recipient can't be there we will ask them for 2 other days and work out with sender. (We don't mind playing the go between here to keep it more a secret.)
*A note on creating your Elfster wish list. Our minimum gift amount is $25, and you shouldn't expect more than that to be spent on a gift. HOWEVER, please feel free to throw anything you'd like on that list. I find it's fun for folks to list out even those crazy expensive things they'd like, so put that new 300-gallon custom tank on there! LOL No harm in dreaming! Go wild! Also, as you look at the wish list created by your recipient, don't be alarmed if there are items on there you won't be able to buy them. Please don't feel obligated to spend more than you planned. Remember, it's a "wish list," and there's no harm in their wishing. While it's great to be generous, your recipient isn't expecting you to give more than the minimum. From experience, I know that your gift (whatever it may be) will bring joy because of the thought and kindness that goes into it.
Also, notice that we have a special Secret Santa forum going on! Feel free to start other threads in here to talk about everything Secret Santa related, holiday related, or just anything you want to talk with all of us other SS peeps! #R2RSecretSanta
EDIT ON DECEMBER 6th:
We're going to do one last draw for anyone who wants to sign up but didn't get in before the deadline! The rules for this one will follow the same guidelines as in our original post except that I need everyone to sign up by the end of today, and your deadline for mailing your Christmas gifts will be Christmas (This only applies to those joining now. Everyone else please follow the original deadlines.).