*** R2R Secret Santa 2020 - Official Registration Thread ***

Mkkari

View Badges
Reaction score
First time - Excited about it.
  1. What country are you located in? USA
  2. What is your shirt size? XL
  3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? Shrimp and King Crabs
  4. What is your gender? Male
  5. What are your hobbies or other interests? Shooting, Snorkeling & Sky Diving
  6. What is your favorite color? Black
  7. What is your favorite fish? Blue Hippo Tang
  8. What is your favorite coral? Chalice (Anything with Rainbow colors)
  9. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock Yes - corals

cjgibson

View Badges
Reaction score
What country are you located in? USA

What is your shirt size? Medium

What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? Snickers and peppermint

What is your gender? Male

What are your hobbies or other interests? Hunting and classic Mustangs

What is your favorite color? Neon Green

What is your favorite fish? Clowns

What is your favorite coral? Zoas or Favias

Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*

I would be interested in giving and/or receiving livestock. Im not picky on livestock other than if its a fish must be reef safe.

Vette67

Reefing since 1997
View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What country are you located in? Ohio, USA
  3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? cookies or candy work. No allergies or restrictions
  4. What is your gender? M
  5. What are your hobbies or other interests? Corvettes, reef tanks
  6. What is your favorite color? BLUE
  7. What is your favorite fish? Achilles tang
  8. What is your favorite coral? Cali tort
  9. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock. I would. Any coral or CUC

Last edited:

Steve089

View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What country are you located in? United States!
  3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? Chocolate! No allergies
  5. What are your hobbies or other interests? Fitness, Gaming
  6. What is your favorite color? Black
  7. What is your favorite fish? Fancy clownfish (picasso, snowflake)
  8. What is your favorite coral? Euphyllia
  9. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* No thank you

Mrxia0

View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What country are you located in?
    USA
  2. What is your shirt size? Medium
  3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind?
    sushi
  4. What is your gender? Man
  5. What are your hobbies or other interests? Corals and things that go bang
  6. What is your favorite color? Blue
  7. What is your favorite fish? Naso tang
  8. What is your favorite coral? Og bounce mushroom
  9. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* heck yes. Sps frags, mushrooms and tangs

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
  2. What is your shirt size? 2XL
  3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? Anything tasty, trail mix is good, good coffee, salted nuts/cashews, no allergies
  5. What are your hobbies or other interests? Working outside in our woods, riding ATVs, gardening/landscaping projects
  7. What is your favorite fish? Don’t know yet haven’t started my build. 30 years ago it was my seahorses and cow fish
  8. What is your favorite coral? Don’t know yet, 30 years ago I didn’t have any
  9. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* NO. As much as I would love too I have not started my build yet so no place to keep them. First step is finish planning then building custom stand after the holidays.

spfahnestock

View Badges
Reaction score
Is anyone else having a hard time determining the reef to reef name associated with the real name of the person they are paired with.

Maybe I am overlooking something in the elfster platform.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

will25u

View Badges
Reaction score
Count me in again. It was fun last year. 2020 has been trying and I need more joy and happiness to look forward to. Plus, my wife and I enjoyed taking part in this last year.

3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? Non sweet jerky, chocolate, sausages, cheese. No allergies.
  4. What is your gender? Male, but my wife participates also.
  5. What are your hobbies or other interests? IT, feeding my variety of backyard birds, my dogs, home improvement.
  6. What is your favorite color? Green
  7. What is your favorite fish? Wrasse
  8. What is your favorite coral? Colorful LPS
  9. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Snails, a friendly wrasse for a 30 gallon tank, coral.

jknorr23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Secret Santa Questionnaire:
  1. What country are you located in? United States
  3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? No allergies. Love snacks so most anything, but favorites are beef jerky, Reese’s, Twix
  5. What are your hobbies or other interests? Golf
  7. What is your favorite fish? My misbar Regal Angel
  8. What is your favorite coral? Most acros, but fav is Walt Disney
  9. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Sure. I’m just starting out with my SPS and Euphyllia build. I have plenty of room, just need to avoid ones that would be snacks for my angel.
  10. Would you be willing and able to give livestock as a gift? Possibly. I don’t have a ton of livestock to send to someone else, but I do have some zoas and lps I could try to send from my previous tank.

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What country are you located in?
    USA
  2. What is your shirt size?
    M
  3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind?
    Anything spicy or chocolate. Or both! Exotic foods are always appreciated. No allergies to consider.
  4. What is your gender?
    Male
  5. What are your hobbies or other interests?
    Keeping tropical plants, painting, sculpture
  6. What is your favorite color?
    Chartreuse
  7. What is your favorite fish?
    Radiant Wrasse
  8. What is your favorite coral?
    Unique strains of Rhodactis mushrooms, Acanthophyllia
  9. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*
    I would! Any cool Rhodactis or Ricordea are very much welcomed, as are sticks and the likes. My new build was only recently set up so it is pretty empty.

Number ten disappeared from my quote lol
    10: Would you be interested in shipping livestock?
    Sadly, I don't really have much of a collection to ship from and I have no experience doing so. I am willing to give giftcards instead.

Good luck everyone! This should be immensely fun.
    God bless!

NShirke

View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What country are you located in? US
  3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Dorritos
    1. Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? None
  5. What are your hobbies or other interests? Photography, reef keeping, sports
  6. What is your favorite color? Yellow
  7. What is your favorite fish? Don't have any favorite. I prefer different variety
  8. What is your favorite coral? Elegance
  9. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? Yes, LPS for euphyllia , duncan, torch family

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
  2. What is your shirt size? M/L
  3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? I prefer salty snacks over sweets. No allergies
  4. What is your gender? M
  5. What are your hobbies or other interests? Vikings, NFL, fantasy football, video games, science
  6. What is your favorite color? Blue generally, but for reef tanks, orange.
  7. What is your favorite fish? Love my Blue star leopard wrasse
  8. What is your favorite coral? I have the rainbow chalice bug at the moment
  9. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Generally, yes, but not at this time given holiday shipping issues this year.

Last edited:

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Morning All!
I had a question I was going to PM @Santa Claus but figured I would post it here in case anyone else is wondering the same. It’s my first time doing this so bare with me ;Happy

When you mark an item as “purchased” in Elfster, can the recipient see that? I’m trying to be organized and not buy the same thing twice.

Can items be shipped before the deadline?

Also, it would be really helpful if everyone put their R2R username in their name on Elfster.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Doing this again this year!!!!!

3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Juju Bees, Swedish Fish, anything sweet lol.
5. What are your hobbies or other interests? Building road course cars, rock crawlers and diving.
6. What is your favorite color? Red
7. What is your favorite fish? Blenny
8. What is your favorite coral? Not technically a coral, but I love nems.
9. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? Yes, but weather during shipping may not be best.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back