*** R2R Secret Santa 2020 - Official Registration Thread ***

OP
OP
Santa Claus

Santa Claus

View Badges
Reaction score
Names have been drawn!!! Now, here are some tips for you:

FIRST, please be sure you have done the following (whether you've received your match or not):
  1. Update your name and mailing address on Elfster. This is essential so that your Secret Santa can get your gift to you. (Don't worry. The only one who can see your address will be me and your Secret Santa.)
  2. Be sure you have completed the questionnaire in our Secret Santa Registration thread (CLICK HERE). This is important bc it helps your Secret Santa with ideas.
  3. Be sure to add some items to your wish list. I made a whole post about this HERE. You may feel free to put whatever you like on your wishlist, but please be sure that there are some items that are under the $25 minimum.
  4. Be sure to say thanks to your Secret Santa! Here's a thread we started where you can share what you got and express gratitude: Show off your gifts from your Secret Santa!
Since you've received your match, here are some things you should do next:
  1. Check for your recipient's name and info on Elfster (you'll find their wishlist there).
  2. If you need their R2R username, you can ask them on Elfster (you may ask questions anonymously there), or you can reach out to me or @Hermey to get their R2R username.
  3. Be sure to have their gift mailed and tracking info either updated on Elfster or sent to me and @Hermey by December 7th.
  4. Start planning how you will reveal yourself as your recipient's Secret Santa! (I'll start a thread for this soon, but feel free to get creative if you want!)
Some additional ideas for how to decide on gifts (especially if your match's wish list is on the short side):
  1. Check their post in the Secret Santa registration thread which could give you ideas.
  2. Stalk their post history on Reef2Reef (click their username and look up postings).
  3. Check out their build thread for ideas (Btw, be sure to update your own build thread during these days...your Secret Santa will be watching!). If they have a build thread contributor badge, you can just click on it to be taken to their build thread.
#R2RSecretSanta

Last edited:

ReefGoddesss

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm so sorry for having been MIA. The weekend and early this week were unexpectedly crazy for me. However, I am checking over all the details today for our final drawing and making sure I have everyone registered and accounted for (all 318+ participants!! We have an AWESOME group this year!!).

If anyone still signs up, I can get them in. If it's before the draw, then you'll be matched today. If it's after the draw, then I'll match people as we get a few that I can put together. :) I want to try and be sure everyone who wants to can participate!

It'll still be a few hours before the final draw. I'll keep you guys updated.
Hopefully I’m not too Late. Don’t know how I goofed and forgot to sign up earlier, as I enjoyed this sooo much last year. Here’s my information:

1. What country are you located in? USA
  2. What is your shirt size? Large
  3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? I love Pasta.
  4. What is your gender? Female
  5. What are your hobbies or other interests? Reef Hobbyist of course. I also enjoy sewing, machine embroidery, reading, and traveling.
  6. What is your favorite color? Purple
  7. What is your favorite fish? Yellow Watchman Goby & Tangs!
  8. What is your favorite coral? Acans and Frogspawn Euphyllias.
  9. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Maybe just fish, as I am sadly battling an aiptasia outbreak.

OP
OP
Santa Claus

Santa Claus

View Badges
Reaction score
Hopefully I’m not too Late. Don’t know how I goofed and forgot to sign up earlier, as I enjoyed this sooo much last year. Here’s my information:

2. What is your shirt size? Large
  3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? I love Pasta.
  4. What is your gender? Female
  5. What are your hobbies or other interests? Reef Hobbyist of course. I also enjoy sewing, machine embroidery, reading, and traveling.
  6. What is your favorite color? Purple
  7. What is your favorite fish? Yellow Watchman Goby & Tangs!
  8. What is your favorite coral? Acans and Frogspawn Euphyllias.
  9. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Maybe just fish, as I am sadly battling an aiptasia outbreak.
I can add you still. We have a few others coming in late. :)

Sablah

View Badges
Reaction score
I can add you still. We have a few others coming in late. :)
I'm one of those people too haha. I didn't know about this until today. If it's not too late, I'd like to join in. Otherwise, I'll just wait until next year

2. What is your shirt size? XXL
3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? Sushi, smoked foods, Reese's PB cups, Thai cuisine, hot/spicy foods
5. What is your gender? Male
6. What are your hobbies or other interests? Drone racing, PC gaming, firearms, playing violin, pets (huskies), cooking, sailing
7. What is your favorite color? Red
8. What is your favorite fish? Dragonets, pipefish, sand-sifting gobies
9. What is your favorite coral? Xenia, tree corals, sea fans, torches, gorgonians
10. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Yes, but only things like uncommon macro, unique inverts, phyto/pods. (Things that ship easily, no fish)
11. Would you be willing and able to give livestock as a gift? *We will aim to connect those who would like to give livestock with those who would like to receive it* I could order something from a coral store or from their LFS for pickup, but I don't have anything I could give away from my tank yet.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Santa Claus

Santa Claus

View Badges
Reaction score
I'm one of those people too haha. I didn't know about this until today. If it's not too late, I'd like to join in. Otherwise, I'll just wait until next year

3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? Sushi, smoked foods, Reese's PB cups, Thai cuisine, hot/spicy foods
5. What is your gender? Male
6. What are your hobbies or other interests? Drone racing, PC gaming, firearms, playing violin, pets (huskies), cooking, sailing
7. What is your favorite color? Red
8. What is your favorite fish? Dragonets, pipefish, sand-sifting gobies
9. What is your favorite coral? Xenia, tree corals, sea fans, torches, gorgonians
10. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Yes, but only things like uncommon macro, unique inverts, phyto/pods. (Things that ship easily, no fish)
11. Would you be willing and able to give livestock as a gift? *We will aim to connect those who would like to give livestock with those who would like to receive it* I could order something from a coral store or from their LFS for pickup, but I don't have anything I could give away from my tank yet.
Not too late. :) We can still add you. Just be sure to send me a pm with your name, email address, and country you live in. Then I'll send you the link to Elfster.

DakotaTheHutt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
So if your secret santa has not done any wishlist just grab whatever comes to heart? I've poked them, but no responce so far. Is there a way to check if they're still participating after you've sent the gift?

GrouperStupor

View Badges
Reaction score
  2. What is your shirt size? XL (XL-Tall if available)
  3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? No allergies. Pecan related snacks are my favorite.
  4. What is your gender? Male
  5. What are your hobbies or other interests? Photography & video editing...but I don't need anything related to those.
  6. What is your favorite color? probably bronze
  7. What is your favorite fish? Sailfin tang
  8. What is your favorite coral? I like all of them
  9. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? yes. no leathers or kenya tree.
  10. Would you be willing and able to give livestock as a gift? *We will aim to connect those who would like to give livestock with those who would like to receive it* Yes

dburt520

View Badges
Reaction score
  3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? No allergies. Beef Jerky is tasty!
  4. What is your gender? Male
  5. What are your hobbies or other interests? CNC/Robotics, Machining, Camping and fishing.
  6. What is your favorite color? Blue
  7. What is your favorite fish? Powder Blue Tang
  8. What is your favorite coral? They are all beautiful
  9. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? Just starting up my 270, so coral is always welcome!
  10. Would you be willing and able to give livestock as a gift? *We will aim to connect those who would like to give livestock with those who would like to receive it* yes, if a vendor drop ships, certainly.

OP
OP
Santa Claus

Santa Claus

View Badges
Reaction score
Names drawn!! As I posted above, here are some tips for you:

FIRST, please be sure you have done the following (whether you've received your match or not):
  1. Update your name and mailing address on Elfster. This is essential so that your Secret Santa can get your gift to you. (Don't worry. The only one who can see your address will be me and your Secret Santa.)
  2. Be sure you have completed the questionnaire in our Secret Santa Registration thread (CLICK HERE). This is important bc it helps your Secret Santa with ideas.
  3. Be sure to add some items to your wish list. I made a whole post about this HERE. You may feel free to put whatever you like on your wishlist, but please be sure that there are some items that are under the $25 minimum.
  4. Be sure to say thanks to your Secret Santa! Here's a thread we started where you can share what you got and express gratitude: Show off your gifts from your Secret Santa!
Since you've received your match, here are some things you should do next:
  1. Check for your recipient's name and info on Elfster (you'll find their wishlist there).
  2. If you need their R2R username, you can ask them on Elfster (you may ask questions anonymously there), or you can reach out to me or @Hermey to get their R2R username.
  3. Be sure to have their gift mailed and tracking info either updated on Elfster or sent to me and @Hermey by December 7th.
  4. Start planning how you will reveal yourself as your recipient's Secret Santa! (I'll start a thread for this soon, but feel free to get creative if you want!)
Some additional ideas for how to decide on gifts (especially if your match's wish list is on the short side):
  1. Check their post in the Secret Santa registration thread which could give you ideas.
  2. Stalk their post history on Reef2Reef (click their username and look up postings).
  3. Check out their build thread for ideas (Btw, be sure to update your own build thread during these days...your Secret Santa will be watching!). If they have a build thread contributor badge, you can just click on it to be taken to their build thread.

Squeaky McMurdo

View Badges
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I hope all is well! I had a quick question. What do we do if our Secret Santa match does not reply on Elfster after several attempts?
Thanks in advance!
Look their user name up on the registration thread and buy stuff based on their answers to that and whatever you can glean from stocking their posts (you can click on their username and it will give you the option to view threads or posts) Their mailing address and username should be on Elfster. You can also get Santa or Hermey to message them here on R2R.

I had a quiet person last year. Good luck!

jcdeboe

View Badges
Reaction score
Look their user name up on the registration thread and buy stuff based on their answers to that and whatever you can glean from stocking their posts (you can click on their username and it will give you the option to view threads or posts) Their mailing address and username should be on Elfster. You can also get Santa or Hermey to message them here on R2R.

I had a quiet person last year. Good luck!
Thanks!!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back