*** R2R Secret Santa 2021 is HERE!! Get registered!! ***

crezguy

View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What country are you located in? US
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? SPS Corals Corals Corals
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Relax, Spend time with my fur baby, Clean tank, Clean Car, Some Crypto, NFT
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Watch Films, Cars, Food shows
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Play with my dog, Stare at my reef tank
  6. Do you collect anything? Non Fungible Tokens
  7. What is your favorite color? Black
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Marvel Avengers
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Melody
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Cricket
  11. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? HawkFish
  12. What gets you excited in the reef hobby? Too much of work
  13. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? Yes. SPS Frags and LPS
  14. Are you willing to ship livestock (could be either by sending it yourself or by purchasing from a vendor and having it sent)? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Yes why not.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
@Weasel1960 ,caught your recent post out corner of my eye ,then cannot find.
here is where you want to ask... :)

OP
OP
Santa Claus

Santa Claus

View Badges
Reaction score
Names have been drawn!!! Now, here are some tips for you:

FIRST, please be sure you have done the following (whether you've received your match or not):
  1. Update your name and mailing address on Elfster. This is essential so that your Secret Santa can get your gift to you. (Don't worry. The only one who can see your address will be me and your Secret Santa.)
  2. Be sure you have completed the questionnaire in this thread (see the first post). This is important bc it helps your Secret Santa with ideas.
  3. Be sure to add some items to your wish list. You may feel free to put whatever you like on your wishlist, but please be sure that there are some items that are under the $25 minimum. This has been an issue in years past. Please help us by making sure you have items that fall under that $25 amount.
  4. Be sure to say thanks to your Secret Santa! I'll be starting a thread for this shortly!
Since you've received your match, here are some things you should do next:
  1. Check for your recipient's name and info on Elfster (you'll find their wishlist there).
  2. If you need their R2R username, you can ask them on Elfster (you may ask questions anonymously there), or you can reach out to me to get their R2R username.
  3. Be sure to have their gift mailed and tracking info either updated on Elfster or sent to me by December 4th.
  4. Start planning how you will reveal yourself as your recipient's Secret Santa! (I'll start a thread for this soon, but feel free to get creative if you want!)
Some additional ideas for how to decide on gifts (especially if your match's wish list is on the short side):
  1. Check their post in the this thread which could give you ideas.
  2. Stalk their post history on Reef2Reef (click their username and look up postings).
  3. Check out their build thread for ideas (Btw, be sure to update your own build thread during these days...your Secret Santa will be watching!). If they have a build thread contributor badge, you can just click on it to be taken to their build thread.
Also, if you haven't signed up yet for the Secret Santa gift exchange, don't worry. You can still join. Our final date for sign up is November 21st.

#R2RSecretSanta

GrapevineReefs

Chalices & Carnations
View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What country are you located in? USA
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? AB+ and Reef Nutrition foods
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends?
    work in the fish room
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests?
    hard to have another hobby with a fish room like mine.
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Make my eyes a bit red and work in the frag systems
  6. Do you collect anything?
    Vintage Blotter Art
  7. What is your favorite color? Green
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? South Park
  9. What type of music do you listen to?
    Rap and a bit of classic rock
  10. Do you follow any sports teams?
    Sacramento Kings, San Fran 49ers
  11. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? A once damaged coral now thriving
  12. What gets you excited in the reef hobby? Turning empty glass boxes into living reefs
  13. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? Yes, coral
  14. Are you willing to ship livestock (could be either by sending it yourself or by purchasing from a vendor and having it sent)? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock) Yes but only close-ish to me

BigJimmysReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What country are you located in? United States
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? , Sleep
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends?, Spend time with Family
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests?, Photography
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work?, Watch TikToks
  6. Do you collect anything? , Forest Green
  7. What is your favorite color? , Everything from sports cards to collectibles
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? , Shawshank Redemption or Bring it On depending on mood
  9. What type of music do you listen to?, Everything as long as it has a good beat
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? , Green Bay Packers, I am actually working on building 120 gallon tank that is Packer themed, I will post a thread when I actually start building it, currently working and going to night school so dont have the free time but have been gathering materials.
  11. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Clean up Crew Critters
  12. What gets you excited in the reef hobby?, The fact that there is no limit to the tank you can create
  13. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? , yes you cant have enough critters I would love just about anything but my clownfish would probably love a rainbow bubble tip anemone
  14. Are you willing to ship livestock (could be either by sending it yourself or by purchasing from a vendor and having it sent)? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*, Would totally ship or recieve livestock just needs to be coordinated so they dont end up on the porch fish cycles!

InvaderJim

Chillin
View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What country are you located in? US
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Hanna Alk Reagents
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Enjoy my tank/perform maintenance, hangout with wife and dog and/or family.
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Gaming (PC/PS4/Switch), Play Guitar, 3D Printing, Fishing
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Drink a beer and watch my tank or play games.
  6. Do you collect anything? Lego Star Wars sets, Vinyl
  7. What is your favorite color? Blue
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Peaky Blinders, The Office
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Classic Rock, Metal, most 90s bands.
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Not anymore
  11. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? The fish
  12. What gets you excited in the reef hobby? Seeing new growth on corals, or seeing amazing tanks and sump setups on R2R.
  13. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? No, I'm virtually at capacity right now
  14. Are you willing to ship livestock (could be either by sending it yourself or by purchasing from a vendor and having it sent)? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* No

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What country are you located in?
    United States of America
  2. What is one thing you always need more of?
    Free time? Lol if my SS can give me a time machine, that’d be great probably 2ml or 10 ml disposable pipettes. Feeding and dosing and water testing are always using them up.
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Non reef things, I’m in a masters program so I spend most of my time studying and writing papers. I’m one of those super organized people and I’m always organizing or re-organizing things to help reduce stress/anxiety.
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? I quilt so I’m always searching for deals on 100% cotton or Missouri star quilt site and I have 3 sassy cats that love to bug me. I also do a lot of crafty Diy projects I find.
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Cuddling with the kitties and searching for my next reno project for the house.
  6. Do you collect anything? Other than rock nems, not really. I have a Swarovski crystal animal collection that my parents started when I was a baby
  7. What is your favorite color? Red or pink
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Lordy, I’m a hopeless romantic so anything corny
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Country mostly or whatever I can find that’s not scream rock.
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? I’m from Cleveland so…browns and Indians (I mean guardians )
  11. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? My tailspot blenny eating film algae off the front glass. Such a goober.
  12. What gets you excited in the reef hobby? New rock nems that I’ve never seen in that pattern or color before
  13. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? No, I’m kind of OCD about what I put in there.
  14. Are you willing to ship livestock (could be either by sending it yourself or by purchasing from a vendor and having it sent)? No, because I don’t want to get something they wouldn’t like.

MamaP

View Badges
Reaction score
Or for some folks....creating one at all would be most helpful for the person you get matched with. :)
And THIS:

Be sure to add some items to your wish list. You may feel free to put whatever you like on your wishlist, but please be sure that there are some items that are under the $25 minimum. This has been an issue in years past. Please help us by making sure you have items that fall under that $25 amount.
:rolleyes:

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
#R2RSecretSanta please see the above posts. We need everyone to update their wishlist (and be sure to have items that fall below the minimum gift amount of $25).

Also, I believe this message was sent to everyone from Santa, but wanted to be sure everyone sees it.

Merry Christmas to you Secret Santas! Our first round of Secret Santas were matched yesterday! Now that you've been matched, there are a few things I need to ask you to be sure you do:
  1. Make sure you have created a wishlist in Elfster (quite a few of you haven't done this yet). This is EXTREMELY important because your Secret Santa needs gift ideas, AND
  2. Make sure you have included items that cost less than the $25 minimum. (Look I get it, it's fun to put those big ticket items on a wishlist, but if you don't include at least 5 or 6 items that cost less than $25, then you are breaking our Secret Santa rules as posted in our registration thread and you may end up on the Naughty List.)
  3. Double check your address in Elfster to be sure it's correct!!
  4. Check out your recipient's wishlist on Elfster to get ideas for their gift. Other places to get ideas would be their registration post in the Secret Santa Registration thread and maybe in their build thread.
  5. Put your gifts together and send them out by December 4th (or as close to that date as possible). If there are any delays you run into, please reach out to me and let me know.
  6. Be sure to post or send a Thank You to your Secret Santa (remember, this is actually one of our rules this year). Here's a thread I've created for this purpose: Show off your Secret Santa gifts and say Thanks to your Secret Santa!

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Folks, please make/update a wishlist! PLEASE!
Tom Cruise Help GIF by MOODMAN

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Yeah, I too not sure how to make a wishlist. I dont want any of the suggested elf site items- That much I know

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Yeah, I too not sure how to make a wishlist. I dont want any of the suggested elf site items- That much I know
you can also just type in your wishes as well if your not sure how to copy and paste the URL link.
I do know that the app for your phone is a bit more difficult to use (at least for me) then the "desktop" version as well.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back