Not open for further replies.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
toysforkids2011.jpg

Well it is that time again! YES it is! CHRISTMAS IS COMING!!!!!

THIS YEARS DRIVE IS DONE!!!!

Total Raised for 2011: $2875

If you are a seasoned veteran of R2R then you know we help unfortunate children every year get gifts at Christmas Time. If you are new to R2R since last Christmas then you are in for a treat! Let me give you the run down. Every Christmas for the past 4 years we have had a donation drive and the members of R2R always show their true colors and give above and beyond the call to duty for kids in need.

Last year alone we raised over $2000.00 and bought gifts for over 20 KIDS!!!! As many of you know I am a Pastor and every year we see many, many children who are in need and being that I am a Pastor and owner of this site it gives us a special opportunity. First off we make sure that all families are in need and that the kids really wouldn't have much for Christmas otherwise. Secondly we are able to buy all the gifts with no taxes because we are a non-profit. That saved us over $200 last year alone! Third we mark each gift so that the gifts are not allowed to be taken back to the stores in exchange. Sadly there are parents who would take kids gifts back to the store and use the money for other, less productive things. Hate to have to do that but this is for the kids. We also buy nice gifts!

This year we have a nice perk to giving! Thanks to Marineland everyone who gives will be entered to win a $750, 24" Marineland PRO Lighting System courtesy of the Toy Drive sponsor Marineland! For every $10 donated you will receive one entry into the drawing. Drawing will be on Dec. 22nd. So if you donate $100 you will get 10 chances to win! Here are the details on the prize.

Advanced Aquarium Lighting | Marineland 24 Hour Lighting System

light-2.jpg

This year I want us to aim high and shoot for helping 30 kids this year! We can do it! There is nothing that makes you feel better than to give to someone in need. As in years past I will document the process with photos of the gifts we buy and a total cost to validate the spending. Everything will be done with the utmost integrity. We had so much fun buying the gifts for the kids! Here are some pics from last year.

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/announcements/50764-reef2reef-toys-kids-christmas-2010-a-12.html

I will keep a running total here and keep this thread updated. The donations are all free of any paypal fees. ALL DONATIONS ARE TAX DEDUCTIBLE! Let's get it started!

Huge thanks to Marineland for their support of R2R, Kids, and wonderful donation!

Last edited:
OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here are some select pics from the Toy Drive over the years!

Christmastoydrive2010049.jpg

Christmastoydrive2010056.jpg

Christmastoydrive2010069.jpg

DSCF3636.jpg

DSCF3644.jpg

DSCF3648.jpg

DSCF3657.jpg

IMG_3065.jpg

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Please support this great cause! Thanks!

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rev-

I will for sure see what I can donate to this program. Its a honor to know you, it honestly is...

Just curious though. What age group are these items going to? I see manily toys for very young children, I wasnt exactly sure.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you but the reefing community are the true heroes!

The type of gifts depends on the kids we are helping. By the time the money totaled we have an idea of the ages of the kids. Usually the ages range from newborn to 14 years old. We buy stuff like clothing and baby items for the babies.

This year we hopefully will be traveling to Kentucky to a small rural town that is very poor and combining gifts with several other groups and giving out to this community as well as helping local kids as well. We will be giving out hundreds of turkey dinners, clothes, coats, bicycles, toys, personal hygiene products and many other things.

UPDATE: We will be giving out these gist this year to needy families in our community. We have a list of over 25+ already.

Last edited:

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
David, thanx for all you do. This site is a blessing to all who happen to venture here. My donation is in.

Thanx again for making Christmas a magical time for kids that otherwise would not know it.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks Harry nice of you to kick it off for us! I will keep the first post updated as a running total!

Our goal is to get as many bikes as possible this year. We can get them for between $35-50 I believe. If anyone has connections to cheap bikes please PM me!

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Donation sent!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you and a few more sent as well. :)

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really cool Rev! Lets go big this year.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Everything helps and total updated! Thank you all for what you do!!!

sexycorals

Bringing Sexy BACK!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love doing this every year! I hope more vendors help out too. I'll send my donation rev anddddd I'll also give a frag of my Sc Fllash which is $500 for a second place prize if that's ok with you David!

scft1.jpg

Dr.Venkman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Toys for Tots

Donation sent! Thanks for doing the hard work, all I had too do is click a few times.
What you are doing is appreciated! I'll gladly put off getting something for myself, so that
A child can have a good Christmas!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you all for the kind words! It is such a blessing for us to get to see the faces of the kids and families! I am updating the first post with the new total! We need to at least hit $3000 and I know we can do it.

Thanks to everyone who has been able to give so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back