1   0   0
$4,145.00!!

Stray32

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted this on my treasure hunting forum, Treasurenet, so we have the Treasure Hunting commuity involved now!

HOLLIE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as a mom of two small children this so makes you understand the things that we take for granted everyday... i've donated what i was able to donate and appreciate all that this site has done for this member!

what an amazing reefing community!

hollie

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
as a mom of two small children this so makes you understand the things that we take for granted everyday... i've donated what i was able to donate and appreciate all that this site has done for this member!

what an amazing reefing community!

hollie

Thank you Hollie and everyone else!

$4,215.00!!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have just sent the rest of the total that we have received to the family of Ronin. From now on all donations will be made to the paypal address of baby Ronin's family. The correct paypal address to go straight to the family is in place on the original post now.

I am in awe of what people have done for this family. Forums all over the net both in the reefing community and motorcycle communities really stepped up and helped this family that has suffered a great loss.

I can only my sincere thanks and gratitude as the owner of R2R and as one of your reefing brothers. Way to go everyone and thank you for your gifts of love.

$4,215.00 collected and $4,215.00 sent.

Tanked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unbelievable! I am proud to be part of such an awesome reefing community and to help a family in such need.Also I want to say Thanks to Rev and all of the R2R community who helped and the ones who wanted to but might not have been able to.Big Thumbs up to everyone involved.

Amphibious

Oldest Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That really is awesome. People of America are generous!!! I know numerous reefers on Talking Reef pitched in.

Thanks to all.

Money can never replace little Ronin but this money will help his family ease the financial burden.

I’m proud of everyone who chose to step up and give the gift of love.

Dick

Frankie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome work everyone with the financial help and Prayers. This is a very special reefing forum full of kind and generous reefers. I am proud to be a part of it. God bless you all!

benny z

coral care giver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am absoultely amazed and taken aback at the generosity and sincere, heartfealt outpouring of love and compassion expressed in this thread.

amazing display of humanity.

- ben

FiReBReTHa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have allot to write back to everyone just because no matter what it will be difficult for me to properly express the level of gratitude I have.

we truely appreciate every aspect that all of you have done. Financially or the messages that you sent or posted. It was really important for me to read the messages each day and helped. I found strength in your words and kindness.

I wanted to share with you what is planned,

Ronin's life was pretty short so there was not too much he was able to enjoy. The two things he loved the most was hanging outside with the puppy,
09-11-11_lokiconcern.jpg

and watching the fish tank. if he accidently got in view of the tv/tank he would always watch the tank. We would also sit together with him in my lap with his feet against the glass and watch the fish go back and forth. It was an awesome time we got to share together so its another one of my strong memories I have of him. It makes me love my tank more as it was something me and him did together that would have continued as he grew up.

Me and my wife both wanted to do a memorial for him rather than a funeral to focus on the good and we found out about Eternal Reefs.

eternal_reef.jpg

HauloverAerial1web.jpg

Eva is really happy about the idea as she also sees it as being good to keep him going by helping nature, a family hobby and something unique to be remembered by that he deserves.

This was NOT possible without all of you. We wouldn't have been able to do much without you guys helping out. That really means allot to me because out of those two things he loved, the reefers really stepped up to help along with our friends from CLSB. I am going to try to visit all the forums and thank each one individually.

I have been trying to put together a gallery of his photos for those who want to see. I never posted much because I didnt want to be one of those crazy parents throwing up photos all the time.
roninspage

Thank you all again.

plainrt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its good to see you come here.I hope the best for you and your family.

Blackhawk Fan

Jedi Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great to hear from you Rick. I think what you are doing is great. Thanks for sharing all the beautiful pictures of Ronin.

God bless.

Last edited:

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was reminded of you and Ronin this morning when i read in Job:

"Naked came I from my mother's womb and naked shall I return. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. Blessed be the name of the Lord"

May you and Eva find peace, strength, and courage to pick up and continue on with your life, with fond memories of the child you were privileged to have.

zking1987

colin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont really know any of you guys, I am not big on the forums just big on the hobbie. I have a son of my own on the way(my first), could be anyday now! but hearing that a fellow reefer has lost a family a baby, bring tears to me eyes, I cant not imagion the pain. you guys are amazing, count me in.

lReef lKeeper

I'm an SPS-aholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rick, my deepest condolences to you and your family. i think the decision of the eternal reef is awesome.

I dont really know any of you guys, I am not big on the forums just big on the hobbie. I have a son of my own on the way(my first), could be anyday now! but hearing that a fellow reefer has lost a family a baby, bring tears to me eyes, I cant not imagion the pain. you guys are amazing, count me in.

reefers are an odd bunch of people. we tend to stick together, not matter what. most people do not understand our obsession, so its nice to come to a website to hang out and make some friends with the same obsession.

JNye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rick just wanted to say I have been thinking of you guys all week, at work mostly. I'm glad you had the strength to post this up and share a little piece of your son's life with us. It has helped me realize how important the time we have with our loved ones is, again. Stay strong and remember.
-JNye

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back