R2R's Favorite Shrimp is....VOTE HERE

What is your most favorite type of shrimp for your reef tank?

• Peppermint Shrimp

Votes: 36 5.2%
  • Banded Coral Shrimp

Votes: 69 9.9%
  • Snapping or Pistol Shrimp

Votes: 63 9.0%
  • Harlequin Shrimp

Votes: 62 8.9%
  • Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp

Votes: 210 30.1%
  • Blood Red Fire Shrimp

Votes: 145 20.8%
  • Sexy Anemone Shrimp

Votes: 46 6.6%
  • Camel Shrimp

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 15 2.1%
  • NO shrimp in my tank

Votes: 50 7.2%

• Total voters

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I put other.... Pederson cleaner shrimp Very cool shrimp, doesn't work in my tank. but love the color, love how it is hosted by an anemone. And it's a cleaner too!
1628182435170.png
A very over looked shrimp. I forgot about these. Wonderful!

ultraArcite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. What is your most favorite type of shrimp and why? Don't say FRIED! :p
My favorite is the blood red fire shrimp. They are fun to watch, act crazy, and will interact with me. One of my will clean my hand when I offer it to them.

2. How many different types of shrimp do you have in your reef tank? Which ones?
2, I have the aforementioned cleaner shrimp and peppermint shrimp.

Attachments

• IMG_0224(1).JPG
    IMG_0224(1).JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 43

Oldsman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tough choices , they're all interesting creatures to watch . Our cleaner rides up my arm during maintenance and goes crazy while target feeding corals..or the intense colors of the fire shrimp..hmm

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Favorite has always been the Coral Banded Shrimp.....like their aggressive look and size. Currently I just have a scarlet cleaner shrimp.

CavalierReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have more shrimp in my tank than fish. :) In my 32 Biocube I have a pair of scarlets, a pair of peppermint and one very busy Tiger Pistol shrimp with its requisite goby. My favorite is the pistol shrimp because he is amazing to watch although I do have to uncover some zoas occasionally.

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are missing quite a few that I love more than all the others listed!!
Peterson Shrimp
Banded Anemone Shrimp
Purple and Gold Banded Shrimp
Machine Gun Coral Shrimp
Lima Shrimp

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no way to pick a favorite.

I have the following;

Harlequin
10ish Peppermint shrimp
Pistol shrimp
3 Skunk Cleaners
3 Fire shrimp
2 Sexy shrimp
Anemone shrimp

1628183800484.png

1628183809362.png

1628183817718.png

1628183826624.png
1628183834753.png
1628183842685.png
I also have an exotic invert tank with my Fluval Evo 13.5. I love all your shrimp! Do you find they pick at the corals at all? 10 peppermint shrimp OH MY

takitaj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the watching the Fire Shrimp, when I see it, and threw my vote that way. (wish multiple votes were allowed) The color is amazing! My top 3 are the Fire, the Shunk and the Sexy Shrimps.

I have a Fire Shrimp and it had a tank mate until recently, the Skunk Cleaner. The Skunk passed a couple weeks ago. It was quite large so it may have just come to the end of it's life span. It was in perfect shape and there was never any aggression between the 2 or from any other inhabitants. It would clean everyone that pulled up to it's 'station', the most popular tenant. :) I will be getting another one soon. I've never had a Sexy but at some point I do plan to try one.

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have an exotic invert tank with my Fluval Evo 13.5. I love all your shrimp! Do you find they pick at the corals at all? 10 peppermint shrimp OH MY

I have never noticed any issue with corals. The majority of them hang out on my Anemone rock. The fires and the skunk roam the tank.

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted one but wife said it is like a spider -creepy. Than we have agreed once we have moved I can have one since my son wants one too.
last week I have been to the LFS and they had some peppermint. To demonstrate how good Aptasia eater he picked up one rock with one Aptasia and a baby torch on it. I guess you know what is coming. Yes the shrimps started to eat a torch coral next to the aptasia.
after this I may get a cleaner shrimp.

Sunny in Miami

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest when I saw these skunk cleaner shrimp at the LFS I was really hesitant to purchase on because I was afraid of their antennas. First of all I have a deep phobia of roaches (and I live in south Florida). So Seeing these creatures with antennas , and 4 for crying out loud I really had to think hard about getting one. So I researched and saw a pistol shrimp on you tube and fell in love with his little personality and immediately wanted one BUT ... I realized I needed a larger aquariumthan ehat I have so I went for my very first skunk cleaner shrimp. I am so in love with this shrimp when I feed it it comes to me for food. I am sold on their beauty and personality.
16281891873233995110519310899515.jpg

ThRoewer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a big fan of shrimp, especially the various Stenopus species and have at least 6 pairs and a good number of singles I still need to find partners for.
I also have 3 pairs of pistol shrimp, 2 "pairs" of fire shrimp, a number of different anemone shrimp, several porcelain crabs (which are technically shrimp),...

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest when I saw these skunk cleaner shrimp at the LFS I was really hesitant to purchase on because I was afraid of their antennas. First of all I have a deep phobia of roaches (and I live in south Florida). So Seeing these creatures with antennas , and 4 for crying out loud I really had to think hard about getting one. So I researched and saw a pistol shrimp on you tube and fell in love with his little personality and immediately wanted one BUT ... I realized I needed a larger aquariumthan ehat I have so I went for my very first skunk cleaner shrimp. I am so in love with this shrimp when I feed it it comes to me for food. I am sold on their beauty and personality.
16281891873233995110519310899515.jpg
How big is the tank?

Calm Blue Ocean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. What is your most favorite type of shrimp and why? Don't say FRIED! :p

No competition! Pistol Shrimp! I have a tiger in my 50g and a candy cane in my 10g. My tanks would feel naked without them. Incredibly active, I swear they don't sleep! They maintain the sand in all the places my syphon can't reach. I get a kick out of the pops and snaps. The symbiotic relationship they have with their gobies is so awesome to watch. Super neat creatures.

2. How many different types of shrimp do you have in your reef tank? Which ones?

In addition to the two pistol shrimps I have two peppermint shrimps. My peppermints actually did a great job eliminating aiptasia (and I suspect they have take care of a few other pests), they spawn regularly to the delight of the fish and corals, and they are just plain weird little critters, weaving and playing piano on the rocks all night. They even give manicures! I just wish Big Mama didn't have a taste for birdsnest.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love shrimp - the blood fire is just amazing. Mine passed away last year and I have not gotten another because I will soon have a flame hawk and I fear it will become a snack. I wonder if the longnose hawk would eat shrimp? I could put one in the nano ... hmmm.....
I voted other because I am just a huge fan of Bruce @OneInchPunch .... that is just the coolest creature alive. Sorry, Bruce ... I will call the Mantis a write in vote.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So hard to pick just one. I currently have a pair of blood shrimp, a skunk cleaner shrimp, a pistol shrimp and a yellow coral banded shrimp. I've kept sexy shrimp in the past and plan to in the near future as well. I think I'll have to go with the sexy shrimp as they're the only ones I haven't yelled at at some point in time. :D ;Smuggrin

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%

Back