Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great job everyone! Keep them coming!

ModAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only problem that I have with the articles that I posted is the size limit. Both articles are pretty technical and I had to cram info into the limited space (10000 characters). Especially the article about the Arduino could be less complicated if I could spread it out a bit. Can the 10k character limit be raised?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just write it up and when you are done cut half of it and then paste it in the second post. :) Thank you.

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"4. All articles need to be posted in the appropriate forum in their own individual thread and must be limited to a single post."

So is this still a limit of the contest? I had to shrink mine to fit a single post as well and was going to elaborate in a later post after the contest...

OP
OP
Wy Renegade

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Under discussion, give us a bit and we'll get back to you all on that.

Quartapound

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was also curious/surprised to see that rule being bent. One of the most difficult aspects of essay/article writing is to condense and summarize large amounts of information into a concise synopsis.

It's possible that people may have spent a considerable amount of time boiling down their information to try and abide by that rule.

My 2 cents

ModAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't mean to open a can of worms! At this point we probably should keep it at the limit to be fair to everyone that previously posted. We can then elaborate after the contest as Cdness stated.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My apologies I didn't even see that rule!

spanko

Henry
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to apologize for a couple of the articles I posted as they are more than one post in length. I totally missed that constraint and If the mods wish to remove those articles I am fine with it.

Quartapound

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:

Quartapound

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have another question pertaining to the rules, specifically

"should contain pictures relative to the subject matter"
"All articles must be written by the individual posting them and cannot be "borrowed" from another source."
"All articles must be newly written for this contest"

How do pictures fall into this scenario? must they also be new and taken by the individual posting the article, or can pictures from different sources be used?

I'll make sure to update all past and future articles accordingly.

Thanks in advance

Quartapound

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to apologize for a couple of the articles I posted as they are more than one post in length. I totally missed that constraint and If the mods wish to remove those articles I am fine with it.

spanko, are your posts truly over 10,000 characters? or did you simply spread them over 3 posts? I'm on my way to work but quickly skimmed one of yours, if that is the case, just edit your thread and paste them all into your first post?

OP
OP
Wy Renegade

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have another question pertaining to the rules, specifically

"should contain pictures relative to the subject matter"
"All articles must be written by the individual posting them and cannot be "borrowed" from another source."
"All articles must be newly written for this contest"

How do pictures fall into this scenario? must they also be new and taken by the individual posting the article, or can pictures from different sources be used?

I'll make sure to update all past and future articles accordingly.

Thanks in advance

No pictures just need to be relevant to the subject. If you use pictures from another source please make sure you have permission or they are public domain, and as always make sure you give the original photographer credit.

Quartapound

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
spanko, are your posts truly over 10,000 characters? or did you simply spread them over 3 posts? I'm on my way to work but quickly skimmed one of yours, if that is the case, just edit your thread and paste them all into your first post?

I just checked for you... your article (the one I checked)only comes to 8,900 characters or so (with spaces). no reason to remove/disqualify your article, just edit it!

No pictures just need to be relevant to the subject. If you use pictures from another source please make sure you have permission or they are public domain, and as always make sure you give the original photographer credit.
thanks for clarifying!

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 143 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back