R2R's New 2011 Article Writing Contest!

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
articlecompetitiongraphic.jpg

R2R is looking for some knowledgeable individuals to write up informational articles and post them up in the appropriate forum.

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/announcements/71664-anybody-looking-platform-well-known-hobby.html

Once you've written the article, post a link to that article here in this thread. You will have one month to write your articles. At the end of the month, all the submitted articles will be judged by Team R2R, and we will select a first place, second place and third place winner. Winner selection will take two weeks. The winners will have their articles stickied in the appropriate forum and Rev will also feature them on the home page. Each of the top 3 articles writers will receive a Reefkeeper Lite System, and every article that meets the criteria and that Team R2R deems a "good" article will receive a R2R reef discount card. Everyone who writes a good article will win something!

Rules: in order for an article to qualify for this contest, the following rules apply;
1. All articles must be posted on R2R
2. All articles must be written by the individual posting them and cannot be "borrowed" from another source.
3. All articles must be newly written for this contest. Sorry, but previously written articles will not count, as the goal is to generate new content for the site.
4. All articles need to be posted in the appropriate forum in their own individual thread and must be limited to a single post.
5. All articles must contain accurate information on a marine aquarium related subject, must be a minimum of 500 words, and should contain pictures relative to the subject matter.
6. All articles need to be spell checked and should contain proper punctuation as much as possible. (R2R may edit the article to reflect these changes)
7. All articles will become property of R2R to feature on the site in the article section or as stickies of a particular forum with proper credit given to the author.
8. A minimum of 30 articles need to be received before prizes are issued. Contest will continue until 30 is reached.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Wy Renegade

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time to kick this one off! Just as an example of the quality of articles we are looking for, as well as you demonstrate to you all how to participate in this contest, I've written up the following;

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/ne...lk-substrates-marine-aquarium.html#post798373

Please note that this articles does not qualify me for the article writing contest. In fact, since we will be judging the articles, none of the members of Team R2R will be participating in this contest. contest will run through December 3rd, so lets get those articles rolling in folks!

Reefpestsolutions

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
O man to bad I'm already righting one with 1st North American rules!!! After its published ill have the rights back and post it.

DJ_in_WV

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So are there going to be assigned categories or just any topic you want to write on? Just wondering would hate to see a bunch of stuff on the same topics it would kind of defeat what your looking to accomplish

OP
OP
Wy Renegade

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
O man to bad I'm already righting one with 1st North American rules!!! After its published ill have the rights back and post it.

Sounds good!

So are there going to be assigned categories or just any topic you want to write on? Just wondering would hate to see a bunch of stuff on the same topics it would kind of defeat what your looking to accomplish

No, no assigned categories. Hopefully articles will be diverse enough that there will be little repetition, but we'll just have to see.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice article Paul!

DJ_in_WV

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been looking for a good excuse to clean off the work bench and do something I just hope my butt has not grown into the leather on this computer chair :)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Alright looking forward to it DJ!

OP
OP
Wy Renegade

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question came up yesterday in regards to previously written articles for another forum, that have not been posted into their own thread here on R2R. These articles will qualify for this contest, provided they have not been previously posted here, and you are the original author. Please use caution if you are using different screen names on different forums, as that may raise some questions. Thanks all and happy writing!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know this takes time, but start posting as you write them so you can write more! Enter as many times as you like. You may win all three top prizes! If you are unsure about a topic or feel like you don't have enough knowledge then research something, learn as you put the topic together. Check out these popular blogs to see how some very good writers put together smaller articles. Advanced Aquarist — Advanced Aquarist | Aquarist Magazine and Blog, Reef Builders | The Reef and Marine Aquarium Blog, etc. Please no product reviews though. :)

OP
OP
Wy Renegade

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nicely done Bob. Keep em coming, you're not limited to only one.

OP
OP
Wy Renegade

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Paul, that first one is very well done.

OP
OP
Wy Renegade

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back