RA (reefers anonymous) tips, tricks, advice, and general discussions about reef and FWOLR tanks. Just a place for us all to chat and help one another.

Heaters, of the 4 basic types which do you recommend?

• Immersable

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Submersible

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • Substrate

• Filter

• Other (please post on thread any other options or types you would recommend)

• Total voters

ChrisGuyette

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, and welcome to RA. Hopefully this will be a great thread to help those in need, offer up support and advice, and gain knowledge about the wonder addiction..... I mean hobby, of ours thay we all love so much.

mslabonik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello to all my co-RA!! I know I could use all the help possible, although it has been said there isn't much help for me lol! I have had saltwater tanks for 15 years, but always fowler ones, I would not allow myself to start with corals as I was afraid I couldn't be dedicated enough to keep pristine water parameters and now I started with corals and understanding why everyone loves them so much!! I have fallen in love with it and now there is no stopping me!! I need RA!

ReefHunter07

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And as for my heaters I have the inkbird with fail safe that if it gets above 80 it turns off and sends me a text alert if it gets below 75, and it’s plugged into a WiFi inkbird controller as a secondary fail safe

ReefHunter07

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes but do u have an extra one just in case. Murphy happens on a Sunday nite during a snow storm. Just sayin
Heaters and lighting and filter are the 3 most crucial things for your tank. Try to save up for a inkbird they are only 30-45$ and have a extra one just in case. It really sucks when one goes out and if your like me, nearest store that sells them is 50 miles one way

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello to all my co-RA!! I know I could use all the help possible, although it has been said there isn't much help for me lol! I have had saltwater tanks for 15 years, but always fowler ones, I would not allow myself to start with corals as I was afraid I couldn't be dedicated enough to keep pristine water parameters and now I started with corals and understanding why everyone loves them so much!! I have fallen in love with it and now there is no stopping me!! I need RA!
Same here 20 years in with a short sandy related beak Devastating loss. But couldn’t keep me down. I just got 2 orders in today and have another small haul nxt week. Tanks bursting at seams. Lol. Wait…I see some bare rock when’s the nxt live sale. Lol.

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Heaters and lighting and filter are the 3 most crucial things for your tank. Try to save up for a inkbird they are only 30-45$ and have a extra one just in case. It really sucks when one goes out and if your like me, nearest store that sells them is 50 miles one way
That’s brs. ? I just got one over the holidays.

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good ole Murphy’s law
A50D3662-5D2C-47D3-8F70-0312FC5AB262.jpeg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Back