Radial Filefish reef safe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Marco333

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had a radial filefish in my reef tank for a while and she has been a model citizen. However, I was just reading this article which says they are unsuitable for the reef tank. Thoughts on this?
BA633934-37B9-4598-8E3B-3FB01A195742.jpeg

Enkopaaisen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s just her personality and temper, might keep being like this for ever in your system, or switches to something else in the future..... you never know. I had a foxface for over a year, never had any issue with corals, and all the sudden he likes to nip corals.....was very difficult to remove the foxface from my system

Biota_Marine

Jake At Biota
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had a radial filefish in my reef tank for a while and she has been a model citizen. However, I was just reading this article which says they are unsuitable for the reef tank. Thoughts on this?
BA633934-37B9-4598-8E3B-3FB01A195742.jpeg
I'd disagree, I think they're fairly reef safe in most tanks. Like many fish they can develop a taste for certain corals (I've even see this happen with various tang species) but they generally keep to themselves. I know when they're getting ready to spawn they can nip at and clear some space in xenia or similar corals. This is the same with clown gobies clearing patches in acros/pocillopora for spawning and I wouldn't necessarily call them not reef safe.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back