Radion g5 Blue - growth?

reefrun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im thinking of upgrading my lights, but I’m curious what kind of growth people are getting with the new g5 blue lights?

I currently have 3x xr15 g4 pro and one xr30 g3 pro with T5. Was torn about just replacing the xr30 with a g4.. or replacing them all with 2 xr30 g5 blues. Im running a mixed reef with the top half sps

dmy535

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is only been set up for a month after cycle. Don’t have corals yet except for 4 zoanthid plugs I got as a secret Santa gift on here. The zoas are already starting to pop Baby heads in the 3 weeks they’ve been under the lights. But zoanthids can grow kinda fast. But that’s my experience.

when they first arrived the zoas were very extended. Now they’ve settled back down and appear to love the light.

JasonC.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is only been set up for a month after cycle. Don’t have corals yet except for 4 zoanthid plugs I got as a secret Santa gift on here. The zoas are already starting to pop Baby heads in the 3 weeks they’ve been under the lights. But zoanthids can grow kinda fast. But that’s my experience.

when they first arrived the zoas were very extended. Now they’ve settled back down and appear to love the light.
I wouldn't put much judgement in the G5 lights growth potential off of zoa's, like you said they will pretty much grow well under any light. However if the G5 was cracked up it could make them close up from to high of par.

dmy535

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't put much judgement in the G5 lights growth potential off of zoa's, like you said they will pretty much grow well under any light. However if the G5 was cracked up it could make them close up from to high of par.
I’m not. Just giving my .02 based on experience.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back