Radion G5 diffuser necessary ?

SunnyX

ReefSite.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received my diffusers the other day for my G5's and not really sure yet how I feel about them. I didn't notice a discernible change visually, other than a lot less shimmer and less light spilling out into the room. The shimmer is almost non-existent now.

I did not test for changes in PAR.

JasonC.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i actually prefer abit of shimmer on the g5... will it take it all away with the diffuser?
I received my diffusers the other day for my G5's and not really sure yet how I feel about them. I didn't notice a discernible change visually, other than a lot less shimmer and less light spilling out into the room. The shimmer is almost non-existent now.

I did not test for changes in PAR.
What if you added a little more surface movement / agitation that might help improve the shimmer. I know from personal experience if I don't have good surface agitation my shimmer is not that noticeable.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Love mine and wouldn't run without them. Very little PAR loss but even better blending. Where I could really see the difference was my wall behind the tank. You could see some color separation before but not after. That has to translate in the tank as well

bigfish1152

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could I just grab one of those office t-5 fixtures with the plastic diffuse in it and cut out a square and get the same results? Dumpster diving is a lot cheaper than $65 !!

Harold999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In a BRS video they clearly had a par drop when adding a diffuser, so interesting to see people seeing an increase of par overhere.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back