OP
Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your goal exactly?
For corals all LED have value, so I would recommend to turn all of them personally.

When running like this is more about personnel preference.

Reefkter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reefers,
I made a video about the two different versions of Radion G5, Pro & Blue.
I bought both of them because I didn't know which one to buy so I decide to make this video to guide you in your decision:

I will be honest the difference is very slim, to a point I asked my self the question; why they made 2 different versions but I understood the reason behind it.
I still think it could have been 1 model but at least like that, it gives the option for peoples who are focus on a specific target.
Here some screenshot of my video:
vlcsnap-2020-04-09-12h46m27s137.png
vlcsnap-2020-04-09-12h47m04s450.png

I'm not sure to understand why their a big visual difference between the two versions for the same Template, perhaps an update could fix that?

You can achieve the same color with both light manually, but where it gets really different is with the Warm White vs Cyan
vlcsnap-2020-04-09-12h46m41s389.png

This is what I believe where the real difference is.

I calculated the power consumption and the Photosynthetic Active Radiation for each individual channel LED.
You can see my table over here:
vlcsnap-2020-04-09-12h46m14s238.png

I have more details in my video but the main point are here.

I used the XR15 to make the video (because I'm not rich lol, quite the opposite actually) but if you want the bigger version XR30 It's exactly the same stuff, it just more LED, the ratio color LED remain the same.
Hope you appreciate this, I made my choice after making this video :)

- Aqua Splendor

-Aren't the watts of the single led the same?
-If i decrease all blu led in the G5 blu, the light become more white?
Thanks

Swell

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Aqua Splendor Thank you for doing this video. The pros look so much more natural than the blues. A friend of mine has the blues and I think it is FAR too blue for my taste.

As a suggestion, you should show some spectral changes with them. So, maybe take the pros and lower the white channels, and on the blues, lower the blue channels, that way people who maybe want something in between can see what they are capable of.

In short, drop the blues a bit on the "Blue" to show if it can reach a bit more "white" look.

For those with the pros, grab some reefbrite actinic XHO's and it really pops.

OP
OP
Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, agree with you, but in a way, if you have the blue and lower down those channel, the PAR will get much lower, depending on the personal white preference, so this can be detrimental to the corals.

I'm looking my frag tank with the Radion G5 Blue and I'm not convinced by the look of that one, like you said I much prefer natural color like the pro but everyone have different taste.

I don't have a Spectrometer, I was saving money for it (3000$+) but the camera have the priority so I have to save again. When I will have it I will start doing Light review "correctly" and show all this kind of stuff

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few AI prime16HDs set at BRSs AB+ spectrum(uses about 32 watts of the 60 the prime has).
I have 2 Radion XR15 blues set at the AB+ spectrum template(running at 55% intensity right now SPS tank).
When both are running at "daytime" (not ramping up) My eye can't tell the difference in color but, I can see a difference in the color of the coral with it looking better to my eye under the primes(more white light?)
Corals love both lights(some of the same corals in all 3 tanks) and are growing just fine. I can tell I get more PAR out of the Radions as some of the corals up high under the primes bleach if put at the same distance under the Radions.

chipchipbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had both lamps and can maybe share experience in Acro coloration?

I am unsure if I want to switch from G5 XR30 blue to the pro....

Or should I switch to G4 Pro for acropora?

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had both lamps and can maybe share experience in Acro coloration?

I am unsure if I want to switch from G5 XR30 blue to the pro....

Or should I switch to G4 Pro for acropora?
So you're saying you have a G5 XR30 blue and don't like the colors of your acropora corals.
What are your settings, IE what are yours colors set at, what is your point intensity set at as well as your schedule intensity?

chipchipbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you're saying you have a G5 XR30 blue and don't like the colors of your acropora corals.
What are your settings, IE what are yours colors set at, what is your point intensity set at as well as your schedule intensity?
I am just wondering if I can get some better coloration with Pros.
I am using the AB+ setting with 100% point intensity ;)

So all channels 100% and intensity also 100% - full power!

PAR levels are pretty weak imo. But my sticks are in the lower part of the tank though.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back