Radion G5 XR15 Pro - Adjusitng Whites????

CarolynZ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Radion G5 XR15 Pro users. Is there any downsides to increasing the whites on these lights? Will it affect the spectrum and overall par?

I have recently installed 4 Radion G5 XR15 pros over a 6ft, 180 gal softie/easier LPS tank. I am running the Softie/LPS template. I purchased the pro as the Blue I felt is too blue for this tank in the room it is in. This room gets a fair amount of filtered ambient light in the afternoon and, if the program is left as is, the tank is too blue for my liking.

I was going to adjust the warm whites and the bright whites to 50% from noon to 2:00 or 3:00 pm. I also have an Apogee par meter for a few days and would really like to get this right the first time around. I have spend hours and hours researching the various corals I currently have and ones on my wish list (neon green leather, neon green toadstool, zoas, a couple mushrooms, superman and citrus rhodactis, one bounce rhodactis, fl ricordea, ricordea yuma, duncan and rock flower nems. My wish list is hammer, torch and cyphastrea and a raja rampage chalice).

Any feedback about adjusting whites would be greatly appreciated.

nick7948

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Radion G5 XR15 Pro users. Is there any downsides to increasing the whites on these lights? Will it affect the spectrum and overall par?

I have recently installed 4 Radion G5 XR15 pros over a 6ft, 180 gal softie/easier LPS tank. I am running the Softie/LPS template. I purchased the pro as the Blue I felt is too blue for this tank in the room it is in. This room gets a fair amount of filtered ambient light in the afternoon and, if the program is left as is, the tank is too blue for my liking.

I was going to adjust the warm whites and the bright whites to 50% from noon to 2:00 or 3:00 pm. I also have an Apogee par meter for a few days and would really like to get this right the first time around. I have spend hours and hours researching the various corals I currently have and ones on my wish list (neon green leather, neon green toadstool, zoas, a couple mushrooms, superman and citrus rhodactis, one bounce rhodactis, fl ricordea, ricordea yuma, duncan and rock flower nems. My wish list is hammer, torch and cyphastrea and a raja rampage chalice).

Any feedback about adjusting whites would be greatly appreciated

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back