Radion G6 Pro & Blue Coming Soon from Ecotech Marine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Companies do this ALL the time. It's nothing new or surprising or shady.

The new light also does very little new. The 4 foot spread is an absolute joke and lie. They did nothing to help the far red end of things.

Is like the the S line for Apple. Are there "upgrades"? Sure. Are they worth getting if you have 1 gen before? Nope.
The tell was the 15% discount. EcoTech has never been this generous in the past (even last Black Friday). When I first heard of the sale I even asked "So, when are the G6s out?"

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been waiting for about 8 months for a sale on G5s. They literally just had it finally through BRS and then turn around and announce a new generation….. thanks a lot tricky @Bulk Reef Supply joint owners……. That being said I’d still be able to return these at a small hit since they’re all unopened but I’d be paying $500 more total for untested new generations of lights on ones I could later decide to upgrade for $1200….

Still don’t hold rare sales on items right before you announce they’re now outdated. Not cool @ecotechmarinetank @Bulk Reef Supply. Just lost some love from me.
They really should announce the upgrade before they put the old model out for sale. I see this happen every new release. It ticks a lot of people off but they keep doing it

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They really should announce the upgrade before they put the old model out for sale. I see this happen every new release. It ticks a lot of people off but they keep doing it
But then they couldn't push out all the old G5 inventory...

Unrelated - does the G6 finally have WiFi? Because that would be the only reason to upgrade...

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They could if they offered more then 15 percent off.
The free market has them set at $650 used. so if they listed them for $750 new they would still sell. Maybe even as much as those getting tricked into thinking the sale is for the consumer.

AaronFReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s a difference in having a sale on an item as it’s being discontinued and doing it just before a new product announcement. It’s called choice and knowledge. This was the dishonest option.

Also I was talking XR15s which weren’t on sale during Black Friday and which I can’t think of when they last had on sale.

edit: like I said I still would have made the same choice, but I want to make the choice

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I wonder what ever happened to AI WiFi? My old AI would connect to the WiFi but the new HD do not? What gives?

I do not know this for fact, but read that the WiFi was still present in the HD models, just not activated in the software supposedly because the Radions do not have this feature.

TwinDad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also shout out to companies like ecotech who make this hobby more exclusive and difficult for people without a ton of money to have decent products. Can't wait to see what new product I can't afford!
You can do a lot with LED strip lights especially on smaller tanks. If i wasnt looking for automation or a larger sized tank i would not be looking at puck lights on a budget. There are a lot of lighting options. Hell im not recommending it but if its a small enough tank i used to light my nanos with incandescent. I personally think being a budget reefer on a first tank makes you a better reefer. Dont begrudge your dollars just make your dollars count. The brand new high end light is not beeded for a successful reef tank.

honestly if i swapped my kessils for cheap led blue strip lights all my softies and most of my lms would still grow. The worst part 98% of the people that see my reef on a daily basis would say WOW!!!Thats a pretty blue ‍♀️

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also shout out to companies like ecotech who make this hobby more exclusive and difficult for people without a ton of money to have decent products. Can't wait to see what new product I can't afford!
People without a lot of money should consider spending their time on growing and selling corals. Since people without money shouldn’t waste their time on hobbies, may be it’s worth changing your mindset and treat your tank as a business. If you’re successful in growing corals you can make a lot of money from a 50 gallon tank using a jebao pump and first Gen Reefbreeder.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bluetooth chips are cheaper. I think the days of WiFi for EcoTech are long gone.

Wifi chips are still in the G5 and G6. It's the software that needs to catch up and be updated.

G5 WiFi was in beta last I heard. Some people mention if you call in, Ecotech will put you in the beta. I don't know how true that part is though

A Young Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally wont change my leds only until they stop working or if their performance noticeably decreases.

Harold999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
timed with the intro of Chinese G5 knock offs as well
If you understand Chinese then go for it else, forget those. I got a Kessil knock off from that same brand and the app you'll get is partly Chinese. The light is in a drawer somewhere because i can't program it.

scubaReef002

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cool, but will they have a new app that actually works and connects to the light. Snazzy lights are only as good as the software that controls them.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 62.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back