Radion G6 Pro & Blue Coming Soon from Ecotech Marine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nah it’s kinda shady to withhold information period. Let’s not simply for BRS.

Does Apple or Google tell you months in advance the exact day a new product is coming out and what the features will be? Name one company that shares their brand new product ahead of the release date like that.

When you hear about these new products ahead of schedule, it is likely because someone leaked info they weren't supposed to.

We all guess that Apple is bringing out a new phone in September but Apple doesn't announce it before then. If you bought a new light on sale and were okay paying that price for it, it doesn't matter that something new came out. If you aren't happy with the light you just bought because a new one came out, you would have never been happy in the end.

I will share a little secret....Radion G7 is coming. So don't get the G6 if that is going to bug you.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does Apple or Google tell you months in advance the exact day a new product is coming out and what the features will be? Name one company that shares their brand new product ahead of the release date like that.

When you hear about these new products ahead of schedule, it is likely because someone leaked info they weren't supposed to.

We all guess that Apple is bringing out a new phone in September but Apple doesn't announce it before then. If you bought a new light on sale and were okay paying that price for it, it doesn't matter that something new came out. If you aren't happy with the light you just bought because a new one came out, you would have never been happy in the end.

I will share a little secret....Radion G7 is coming. So don't get the G6 if that is going to bug you.

I get what you are saying but apple probably bad comparison as we all know about when a new phone drops - generally same time of year... every year. Also they do announce it and take pre orders. I am not sure when they put previous gen on sale.. I feel like thats after next gen but not sure.

In this hobby though... if you see a big sale that is generally rare for MAP... it sometimes means clearing inventory. 15% is a red flag for sure.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I get what you are saying but apple probably bad comparison as we all know about when a new phone drops - generally same time of year... every year. Also they do announce it and take pre orders. I am not sure when they put previous gen on sale.. I feel like thats after next gen but not sure.

In this hobby though... if you see a big sale that is generally rare for MAP... it sometimes means clearing inventory. 15% is a red flag for sure.

Apple usually sends out invites for their big event but it doesn't say Apple iPhone "insert number here" is coming X day. The event is when they announce the date and new specs.

I think "Customer Appreciation" was a tacky name for sure but to say any company is "shady" because they didn't get the community's approval to release a new product is a little crazy.

I am a little more withdrawn from it all because I really don't care about the "new, latest, and greatest" stuff. The new G6 still can't do what my halides do so they didn't bring anything new to the table for me to get excited about. I just like equipment though and think any new gear is cool to see.

Duffybubbleboy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m happy to see new gear, I’m not being that serious, as you said customer appreciation isn’t the same as just telling the truth that yes we are reducing the price because the new stock is coming, was it 15% off and 10% restocking fee seems like a lot of people will be paying full price for the g6 and then some extra for the restocking fees is lol for me . Im just throwing a little harmless shade of my own at BRS they are going to be ok and still make money off me. I don’t think BRS is shady it just the term for how it worked out .

As for the G6 it looks great, as some one locked into the brand as an investment , the upgrade kit is pretty awesome , I think that is a step in the right direction. Giving people a little more time to plan a purchase with the info is the good faith move.

I love Ecotech , it’s just the amount of times I had to send in DOA lights and lights that stopped working in 3 weeks and so on only to be charged when the replacement light also went out is like a lot of shipping and down time. The lights need a longer warranty. When my AI lights melted I was told I had to pay to fix that, it’s just over and over my lights are like a whole thing I have to manage constantly ,and by the time I collect 5 working lights that are not defective the G6 is upping the game, in the context of saying the G5 blues make a tank look like windex and they do. My kessils might not of been better lights but they lasted a Loooooooong time with needing nothing.

So I’m not bugged by the G6 or really upset at BRS, it’s the two different issues, the user experience for the g5 lights required more work than I signed up for. Now I’ll probably buy 2/3 g6 lights or the upgrade kits but it’s like can we these lights consistently performing well before the next gen light is out?

Are these G6 cases going to crack the first day they are on, are we going to go through the same, phone tag and email tag , pulling out the credit cards over and over to get what we were supposed to get in the first place. I’m sticking with Ecotech it’s just I’m like man this is like owning a ferrai. If the new lights are better for my coral that’s worth the price of the upgrade kits for the g5 blues. Hopefully the G6 will have all the G5 issues removed so we don’t have to do the QC and ship back so many lights. This company has been around awhile and after spending thousands and planning on spending thousands more I want the warranty and QC to reflect the cost of the light.

There is no question that those picking between the G5 and G6 should go G6 because the design has probably been refined and so the manufacturing process refined , spectrum , and so on. The g5 at 15% off even 25% off isn’t the better deal than a full price g6 so I guess the two issues combined works out a little shady . The Experience iv have had with the G5 made that whole sale seem shady cause the G6 lights will probably blow away the old blues in term of viewing and QC of the initial g5 units shipped out. Ecotech should for one warranty lights for probably the life time of the Generation it’s made plus a year.

I have opened like ten g5 units to get my five that work. So if that QC issue is fixed on the G6, the g6 100% is the way to go. These numbers I experienced tell me , there is no way it’s just me constant rebuying the lights I shipped in to be fixed , being told to just buy a new light at a reduced cost that was nearly the same as the cost of fixing the lights in question over and over .
I should have like 10 g5s I paid for that many to Ecotech. , even if it was whole sale I still tech purchased like ten….

The fact I’m just going to let Ecotech have my AI lights I shipped in to get fixed rather than have to pay for them to fix the melted lenses shows my stance for their customer support is animosity, they need to do better. I cannot buy lights and have them fail over and over with out saying yeh the slightly reduced price of the G5 makes it NOT worth it either way and shady in that if the old G5 case cracks on the first day now you have entered the Ecotech shuffle . The prices need to drop a lot or the product needs better customer support the G5 was not really worth it as investment especially with the new G6 coming out so fast.

Charging people half the cost of the light to fix it is not really standing by the product. So yeh new gear is great but echotech needs to focus more on QC and their products lasting im getting sick of rebuying the same lights over and over. If they have time and money for RND then they need to really look in the mirror and ask themselves If they are milking loyal fans a little too much with the customer service being more “salesmen“ working to get your credit rather than fixing the lights for free , is treating loyal customers like that worth releasing new lights more or less constantly across the brands?

Just a thought for Ecotech the technology side is always amazing, for me it’s the fragile nature of the G5 lights that makes me wish they made the lights more durable rather than constantly saying we need a “better“ spectrum, at this point, I might be only speaking for myself want the lights more bullet proof, backed by a legit longer warranty. Yeh the whole missing out on the better spectrum thing will make me buy lights but I’m really hoping this generation wont be like the Gen5 which was more pain in the butt than it should of been really.

Apple usually sends out invites for their big event but it doesn't say Apple iPhone "insert number here" is coming X day. The event is when they announce the date and new specs.

I think "Customer Appreciation" was a tacky name for sure but to say any company is "shady" because they didn't get the community's approval to release a new product is a little crazy.

I am a little more withdrawn from it all because I really don't care about the "new, latest, and greatest" stuff. The new G6 still can't do what my halides do so they didn't bring anything new to the table for me to get excited about. I just like equipment though and think any new gear is cool to see.

Last edited:

Duffybubbleboy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasn’t going to say all that but now I felt it was relevant information giving the way you tried to frame the conversation as me being crazy and very angered at progress or new products coming out as that’s absurd and uncalled for really but w/e.

Last edited:

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate when I buy something and see it is on sale a month later... like it bugs me so much.. I love getting a good deal lol

but

some people are struggling to put food on the table.... or medical expenses... and some don't have a warm bed to sleep in tonight..

if the most annoying thing right now is losing money on your radions..... well we are doing okay :)

Duffybubbleboy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought one G5 30 Pro 10 days ago with 15% discount from BRS. I opened Yesterday morning. Then, I watched BRS youtube video for G6 announcement. I was shocked.

Should I keep it or return with 10% restocking fee for G6?

My tank will be 24 inch cube acropora dominant.
Return it.
I hate when I buy something and see it is on sale a month later... like it bugs me so much.. I love getting a good deal lol

but

some people are struggling to put food on the table.... or medical expenses... and some don't have a warm bed to sleep in tonight..

if the most annoying thing right now is losing money on your radions..... well we are doing okay :)

but

yes this is a first world problem ill admit that lol

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back