CaptainOver

CaptainOver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm bit surprise by all this.
Make sure to provide information to them via email or app, also what version of OS and stuff like this.

On my S10 Android I don't have all those issue, I'm probably missing couple feature from iOS Apple but it's seem to be fine so far despite couples little issues.
Yep. I've been filing the issues. Unfortunately I've heard nothing back from them on either my direct requests for support nor the mobius feedback bugs. Not sure if they are out of the office right now, but an acknowledgement that the requests were received would be helpful - especially since Marine Depot won't take returns on the lights as all support requests have to go through Ecotech.

Kevin Duprey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, for all those frustrated with Radions, there's this option:

Very solid build quality, cheaper than an XR30 with every bit as much wattage, and near silent fan. Yes they are "puck" style, rather than panel, but because the output is so high, you can raise them high above the tank to get good, even coverage, and I can't detect any "disco ball" separation effect. Did I mention the lack of side glare? Oh, and since I've installed them to replace a Radion (G4) / T5 combo, I've seen a 30% uptick in alkalinity consumption and visibly increased growth.

OP
OP
CaptainOver

CaptainOver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A quick followup on the "not running correct schedule" issue...For those of you with an Apex, take a look at your Radion's wattage usage and see if your lights are doing strange things throughout the day.
In the graph below, there are 2 normal days, then the past 2 days have had the lights doing strange variations. Hitting "Resume Schedule" in Mobius sometimes fixes the issue.

1585529122785.png

nornicle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was setting up a new tank, I like the form factor but probably end up with Dalua or Orphek (although the Orphek appears a little rough around the edge too). . It’s quite ridiculous to charge people (at least in my country) over $1k per light to have loud fans and a half developed controller app... When did it become a privilege that we had to pay to become beta testers...

slayertx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A quick followup on the "not running correct schedule" issue...For those of you with an Apex, take a look at your Radion's wattage usage and see if your lights are doing strange things throughout the day.
In the graph below, there are 2 normal days, then the past 2 days have had the lights doing strange variations. Hitting "Resume Schedule" in Mobius sometimes fixes the issue.

1585529122785.png
do you have weather effects on?

Nanos With A Backbone

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being reefers we learn through time to be patient. And after enough time in this hobby... youll learn to be patient when buying newly developed gear too ;)

RCS82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great feedback here. I have a Gen4 Xr15 over my tank, with a metal halide, and I honestly wouldn't touch a Gen5 with a 10ft pole. I cant believe people aren't getting their money back with damaged and cracked units, loud fans and a horrible app. How can they charge over $800 for a junk product? And they rushed releasing it? Was it maybe a good 3 or 4 years between the gen4 and gen 5 release?
Plus 1 to the Reefi units.

Beck

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've woke up twice to find just one of the lights picked a random color and turned on. Hit resume schedule and it shuts back off and seems to follow the schedule.

radion.jpg

lexinverts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, for all those frustrated with Radions, there's this option:

Very solid build quality, cheaper than an XR30 with every bit as much wattage, and near silent fan. Yes they are "puck" style, rather than panel, but because the output is so high, you can raise them high above the tank to get good, even coverage, and I can't detect any "disco ball" separation effect. Did I mention the lack of side glare? Oh, and since I've installed them to replace a Radion (G4) / T5 combo, I've seen a 30% uptick in alkalinity consumption and visibly increased growth.

+1
My ReeFi Duo Extremes are whisper quiet and I haven’t had single problem with them over 6 months! Great color and coral growth.

NeverlosT

SPS nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm. Ecotech better roll into these forums pretty fast here. They are losing sales with all the remaining questions.

I used to notice the popping and cracking with my orphek, I hated that, and the orpheks are known for blowing diodes. Don't know if the two are related.

Hope they figure it out and do right by all of you. I guess I'll stick to ATI and Reefbrites for a bit longer.

Moondawg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got mine two days ago, and I'm not having any of these issues. The on;y time I have issues is sometimes when I manually mess with the settings on Mobius. What is the build date on your lights?

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got mine two days ago, and I'm not having any of these issues. The on;y time I have issues is sometimes when I manually mess with the settings on Mobius. What is the build date on your lights?
Mine were build late Feb, what % are you running them at? I didn’t notice any cracks in mine until people were posting about it. The heat is also warping the lense.

Moondawg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine were build late Feb, what % are you running them at? I didn’t notice any cracks in mine until people were posting about it. The heat is also warping the lense.
I'm running the "Radiant color setting" at 75%. Mine were built in January.

Nubbie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having a ton of issues with these G5s as well. Fortunately for me, mine didn't come with cracks all over them. However, I just checked my lights after they went out and realized that all 4 screws in the 4 corners of the lights have 2 stress cracks each now. These $800+ lights are literally falling apart in less than a week of use. How is this acceptable.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'm having a ton of issues with these G5s as well. Fortunately for me, mine didn't come with cracks all over them. However, I just checked my lights after they went out and realized that all 4 screws in the 4 corners of the lights have 2 stress cracks each now. These $800+ lights are literally falling apart in less than a week of use. How is this acceptable.

I voiced my concerns over 3 brand new ones still in the box having these cracks and I was shocked at what some people find acceptable.

slayertx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have played with 2 of the x15g5's for the last few weeks. No cracking running them 100% ab+ however the moonlighting is really quarky. I tried doing the moon effects and well...it sucked. One light would run the moon leds 100% and the other very dim when in setting i had the intensity set to 10%. really ticked me off so i went full manual mode

OP
OP
CaptainOver

CaptainOver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sigh...Mobius updated sometime this week and completely messed up my schedule...It had lights going from 0 to 100 in the middle of the night...
I reprogrammed, but am now seeing this...One of my 3 lights refuses to dim at night, even though things show perfect in programming mode.
And frustratingly, I've heard _nothing_ from Ecotech on any of my multiple support requests.
1588480878742.png

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sigh...Mobius updated sometime this week and completely messed up my schedule...It had lights going from 0 to 100 in the middle of the night...
I reprogrammed, but am now seeing this...One of my 3 lights refuses to dim at night, even though things show perfect in programming mode.
And frustratingly, I've heard _nothing_ from Ecotech on any of my multiple support requests.
1588480878742.png
That is the exact reason why I got rid of mine, it happened to me multiple times.

slayertx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1588480878742.png
Last update for android was April 9th....

Back