Radion settings to mimic the whiter 14k halide look

Denisk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a set of gen 4 xr30 pros and curious if anyone has settings that Mimic a 14k halide look? I tried the ab+ and just felt like it was tooo blue haha. I’m sure some would disagree but I guess I’m a fan of the natural look. Thanks all!

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Start by increasing your green channel first then the white. Metal halides have a large amount of light in the green wavelengths from the mercury vapor. Start there (increasing green won’t significantly impact your PUR so you shouldn’t experience any sudden bleaching or algae growth), then add white in to taste. Go slow and ensure you’re not going to high on intensity with a par meter. It’s definitely possible to get visually close

OP
OP
Denisk

Denisk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Start by increasing your green channel first then the white. Metal halides have a large amount of light in the green wavelengths from the mercury vapor. Start there (increasing green won’t significantly impact your PUR so you shouldn’t experience any sudden bleaching or algae growth), then add white in to taste. Go slow and ensure you’re not going to high on intensity with a par meter. It’s definitely possible to get visually close

ok good to know. Thank you!!!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back