Radion xr15 failing to start up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Garbage_Island

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I have a Gen3 Radion xr15 which has suddenly started failing to start up. The LEDs will come on and begin to power up and then after a few seconds they cut out-- only to start the process over again (almost like a slow flickering on & off). I tried to connect it to the ecosmart live software to do a factory reset but it fails each time.
Any idea what may cause this or how I can fix it?

Thanks for your help!

UnderseaOddities

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I have a Gen3 Radion xr15 which has suddenly started failing to start up. The LEDs will come on and begin to power up and then after a few seconds they cut out-- only to start the process over again (almost like a slow flickering on & off). I tried to connect it to the ecosmart live software to do a factory reset but it fails each time.
Any idea what may cause this or how I can fix it?

Thanks for your help!
They way that their wired probably doesn't help as they arent daisy chained..was your xr15 previously used or bought new? This happens over time with degradation to electronics from humidity...
Open the ReefLink Setup application and sign in using your ESL email and password. Select “Format SD” from the drop-down menu (scroll down to expose this option) The ReefLink LED ring will turn white once complete. Select “Factory Reset” from the drop-down.

Next power cycle
BASIC MODE should be used with an external controller or fimer.
  1. HOLD Raise to increase. light intensity rapidly. HOLD Lower to reduce.
  2. TAP Lower to reduce. light intensity by 1. percent.
  3. TAP Cycle to cycle the. Radion through preset. color settings.
  4. TAP Raise to increase. light intensity by 1. percent.
If its flash on then a blinking red light keeps popping on when it fires up it may be time for a new light,moisture and residuals are the #1 killer of leds

Maybe @bulkreefsupply can help if you pm one of the guys

That's why I dont use these anymore I think t5s mh are just as good for growth but more expensive on the electric

UnderseaOddities

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many wholesaler use the xr30 but many still use t5s and mh and get the same results in growth and coloration
It's all personal preference,would you rather have a 800$ light with some stupid app that only works half the time and constantly connects and disconnects itself or would you rather have a 100$ t5 that does the same thing but you gotta flick a button twice to manually to replicate high sun and sunset and 700$ worth of coral(nice amount of livestock instead,( could even buy you a used car or pay for rent in a rough neighborhood lol)

UnderseaOddities

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But I will never buy another radion again if I even decide to play with leds again I think I'm going to go with kessil as there customer service is better and I like the way their light are cooled and wired but also sonic welded like the ap9x or a360x

OP
OP
Garbage_Island

Garbage_Island

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They way that their wired probably doesn't help as they arent daisy chained..was your xr15 previously used or bought new? This happens over time with degradation to electronics from humidity...
Open the ReefLink Setup application and sign in using your ESL email and password. Select “Format SD” from the drop-down menu (scroll down to expose this option) The ReefLink LED ring will turn white once complete. Select “Factory Reset” from the drop-down.

Next power cycle
BASIC MODE should be used with an external controller or fimer.
  1. HOLD Raise to increase. light intensity rapidly. HOLD Lower to reduce.
  2. TAP Lower to reduce. light intensity by 1. percent.
  3. TAP Cycle to cycle the. Radion through preset. color settings.
  4. TAP Raise to increase. light intensity by 1. percent.
If its flash on then a blinking red light keeps popping on when it fires up it may be time for a new light,moisture and residuals are the #1 killer of leds

Maybe @bulkreefsupply can help if you pm one of the guys

That's why I dont use these anymore I think t5s mh are just as good for growth but more expensive on the electric

Thank you so much for the response. This was purchased new but it is probably 3 years old now. There is no blinking red light, and the buttons do not light up abnormally to indicate that there is an issue. I will try this and see if this works thank you for the suggestion!

Back