Radion XR15 G5 Blue - Settings for 20g 18" Cube SPS

chipchipbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys

I am switching from my AI Prime HD to a Radion XR15 G5 blue. So, can you please recommend a programm for me? I assume I can download the programs via Mobius app?
The tank has some LPS on the floor but is mostly getting stocked with SPS (Acros).

Is it the AB+ setting all talking about?

The AI Prime runs at 120% (expect red/green/white)

cheers brother!

Tonycass12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys

I am switching from my AI Prime HD to a Radion XR15 G5 blue. So, can you please recommend a programm for me? I assume I can download the programs via Mobius app?
The tank has some LPS on the floor but is mostly getting stocked with SPS (Acros).

Is it the AB+ setting all talking about?

The AI Prime runs at 120% (expect red/green/white)

cheers brother!
Your fixture was made to run the ab+ setting with all channels at 100 as I understand it. Turn all your channels to 100% and adjust your intensity to get the desired par.

Acros

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
You could use their AB+ template while setting up the light. That will crank up individual channels to 100% and point intensity to 100% as well. You can adjust your start time, end time and delete or add any time points such as the moon light if you do not want them. Once all that is done, use the schedule intensity (that is on the very ‘outside’) to determine how much light you want.

OP
OP
chipchipbro

chipchipbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could use their AB+ template while setting up the light. That will crank up individual channels to 100% and point intensity to 100% as well. You can adjust your start time, end time and delete or add any time points such as the moon light if you do not want them. Once all that is done, use the schedule intensity (that is on the very ‘outside’) to determine how much light you want.
thanks man!
So if the AB+ channels all run for 100% how do I turn them back at 50% from 100%?
Is it the "Point Intensity?"

If i want to run the AB+ Setting at only 60% - where do I say do 60% from 100% blue? Hope you know what I mean :D

Acros

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
thanks man!
So if the AB+ channels all run for 100% how do I turn them back at 50% from 100%?
Is it the "Point Intensity?"

If i want to run the AB+ Setting at only 60% - where do I say do 60% from 100% blue? Hope you know what I mean :D
Yes, and is the confusing part when you come from an AI light (I did too).

Think of individual channel % as controlling your spectrum. For AB+ you need all channels at 100%.

Think of the point intensity as controlling your ramp up and ramp down. So you need it to start at 0%, go up to 50% in the middle of your ramp up and then to 100%. Setup it up in reverse for ramp down.

Save the above settings by using the save button. Press back button and you will see an intensity % on the bottom of your screen. Use that one to determine how much intensity you want the program to run at. I run mine at 85% as it is a single light growing acros in a 25 lagoon. I think you might want to start at around 60% or LPS on the floor. This is where you tell it to run at 60% overall output.

When I switched form AI to Radions, I capped my point intensity at 80% as I was used to it on the AI app. This locked the maximum output of my light at 80% even if I crank up schedule intensity to 100%. I set the schedule intensity to 80% effectively running the light at 64%.

My app is not working at the moment. I will upload some later. Please let me know if you want more clarification.

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was deciding between Prime and XR15 and the fact I could just slide the intensity on the XR15 was worth the extra cost.

OP
OP
chipchipbro

chipchipbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, and is the confusing part when you come from an AI light (I did too).

Think of individual channel % as controlling your spectrum. For AB+ you need all channels at 100%.

Think of the point intensity as controlling your ramp up and ramp down. So you need it to start at 0%, go up to 50% in the middle of your ramp up and then to 100%. Setup it up in reverse for ramp down.

Save the above settings by using the save button. Press back button and you will see an intensity % on the bottom of your screen. Use that one to determine how much intensity you want the program to run at. I run mine at 85% as it is a single light growing acros in a 25 lagoon. I think you might want to start at around 60% or LPS on the floor. This is where you tell it to run at 60% overall output.

When I switched form AI to Radions, I capped my point intensity at 80% as I was used to it on the AI app. This locked the maximum output of my light at 80% even if I crank up schedule intensity to 100%. I set the schedule intensity to 80% effectively running the light at 64%.

My app is not working at the moment. I will upload some later. Please let me know if you want more clarification.
thanks! Yeah a picture would maybe help :)
So U gotta set all channels (blue etc.) to 100% in order to rum them at 100% when overall intensity is set to 100%.. Means if you set blue at 80% and u turn overall intensity to 100% they still only run at 80% - correct?

SO if you set blue at 80% and overall intensity to 60% that mean the light is only running at 60& from 80% intensity.

Acros

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
thanks! Yeah a picture would maybe help :)
So U gotta set all channels (blue etc.) to 100% in order to rum them at 100% when overall intensity is set to 100%.. Means if you set blue at 80% and u turn overall intensity to 100% they still only run at 80% - correct?

SO if you set blue at 80% and overall intensity to 60% that mean the light is only running at 60& from 80% intensity.
Yes, if you set intensities at individual channels or at point intensity (unless it is for ramp up and ramp down), things get complicated. It is much more easier to max out all of those and the control with the schedule intensity slider.

Below is the schedule intensity that I was talking about. The picture is from ecotech support.

Below image is a good example of the use of point intensity. It looks like the person has capped their max point intensity at ~80% (shown by the dotted line). Hence the max intensity they are getting at 50% scheduled intensity is only around ~40% (shows by the filled in area).

A872991A-304F-4693-8C6B-9ACBF3250417.png

OP
OP
chipchipbro

chipchipbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats a strong light for an 18" tank. With that said most locals run AB+ on their systems. I would start their but at 50% of max and work up to full AB+ settings.
ok so.. all day same intensity and then just ramp it down again? sounds pretty boring haha..

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so.. all day same intensity and then just ramp it down again? sounds pretty boring haha..
Yea but it works. I run 1hr ramp up/down and 10hrs at max on my nano. Try not to over think it with leds. Once set let it run for a couple months and avoid changing settings during that time.

OP
OP
chipchipbro

chipchipbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea but it works. I run 1hr ramp up/down and 10hrs at max on my nano. Try not to over think it with leds. Once set let it run for a couple months and avoid changing settings during that time.
How do I set green/red and whites then? I mean at what percentage? Like I like it?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back