• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Radion XR15 or XR30 Light Spill Shades (shroud)

Item Price
$44.99 - $94.99
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Shipping
YES shipping is available

chemisfun11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I often suggest using a piece of cardboard and tape starting from the top of the light to determine which overall height is best for you. Most customers choose between 3" and 5" overall height to achieve the best light spill block based on their led light mounting height.

3 sided version ($44.99 - $69.99 each + shipping)
- overall height range from 3" to 5"
- slips directly on top of light
- any color choice possible (black, white, etc.)

4 sided version ($59.99 - $94.99 each + shipping)
- overall height range from 3" to 5"
- new installation or reinstallation of light necessary
- any color choice possible (black, white, etc.)

XR30 5_ 3 sided 45d.jpg XR30 5_ 4 sided 60d.jpg XR15 5_ 3 Sided 60d closeup.jpg XR15 5_ 4 sided 60d.jpeg

Mr4000

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today i received my 4 shades for my g6 XR 30's and i am very impressed with them. I was on the fence about purchasing them since there not cheap and i'm so glad i did. I have a peninsula tank and the light spill into the room was bad and these made a night and day difference. They were quality made and shipped quick. I would not hesitate to buy them!

Johnny_xb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump and shout out for Lee. Bought 2 of these and were initially hesitant. But worth every penny. Since switching to the G6's, the light spill into the dining room was almost unbearable (downside to good spread). My wife wasn't a fan and wanted me to switch back to the G4's. Since adding the light shade with reflectors, all of the light remains inside of the tank and we can now comfortably view the tank while enjoying a meal at the dining table. Highly recommended.

Vladthelarge

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I realize this is an old thread but I'm curious if these would help with a hotspot in between two xr30s? I have them over a 30"x30" cube to provide maximum coverage and I'm only running them at about 35-40% right now. If I bump up the output any further, then the overlap at the top of my structure exceeds 600 par. I'm looking for options to reduce that a bit while still blanketing the rest of the tank.

OP
OP
C

chemisfun11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The XR30's have more spread than the XR15. Typically I recommend the wide flare shade for the XR30 if space permits. Many times when there are multiple XR30's over a tank the narrow flare is used which will reduce light spill and some spread. The XR15 on the other hand punces downward with not nearly the same spread and either wide or narrow flares can be used. I often recommend the narrow flare simply due to spacing constraints, but everyone's setup is different. I can customize what you need as well. I can always be reached directly at [email protected]

Vladthelarge

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The XR30's have more spread than the XR15. Typically I recommend the wide flare shade for the XR30 if space permits. Many times when there are multiple XR30's over a tank the narrow flare is used which will reduce light spill and some spread. The XR15 on the other hand punces downward with not nearly the same spread and either wide or narrow flares can be used. I often recommend the narrow flare simply due to spacing constraints, but everyone's setup is different. I can customize what you need as well. I can always be reached directly at [email protected]
Thanks for the guidance. I'll reach out shortly.

OP
OP
C

chemisfun11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi Lee, did I see at some point in one of your older threads you were willing to share the STL for xr30 on a personal print?
I am sorry, but I can't risk sharing the .stl for personal prints for various reasons. I do offer discounts to other makers who buy my shades/covers.

Back