Radion xr30 gen 2 won’t connect to reeflink

plankton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought two xr30 gen 2 lights here, did fan clean procedure, lights work perfectly well via three button controls. Added reeflink to network but reeflink can’t find radion lights. Tried to connect with several usb to micro cables from light to reeflink but in evotechlive de nada. Just created ticket with eco tech marine to disassociate these lights from previous owner but not sure what to do next.

any thoughts how to pair them to reeflink so I can factory reset and upgrade firmware, etc?

thanks

Scott

Ta2oodfreak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you add the chip to the light? I don't believe Gen 2 is compatible with reeflink. That didn't start until G4.
On the Radion site there is a compatibility chart that tells you what is and isn't and if you need a chip of just firmware.

Ta2oodfreak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your goal is to use Mobius, you are out of luck with a G2.

Henryb9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reeflink can connect to those lights, was the reeflink used ? If so you need to contact ecotech to get them erased from the previous owner.

OP
OP
plankton

plankton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"All models of Radion Generations 1-4 are compatible with one another via EcoSmart Live."

Yeah, I know I can't connect to Mobius app, but I _should_ be able to connect them to Reeflink and control via ecotechlive _or_ to my APEX via WXM module. But, first I would like to connect them to reeflink so I can flash reset and flash firmware. <sigh>

OP
OP
plankton

plankton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reeflink can connect to those lights, was the reeflink used ? If so you need to contact ecotech to get them erased from the previous owner.

Good point. When I first tried to connect reeflink I kept getting error then previous owner of reeflink disassociated device from his ecotechlive account and like magic I was able to add reeflink device to my account. Done. Do you think I need to contact previous owner of xr30 gen 2 lights and have them disssociate lights from heir ecotechlive account???

Henryb9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to connect to using a usb micro do these steps first.

1. power off all radions and don’t have the micro usb attached.
2. Open and run EcoSmart live connection manager.
3. Right click the connection manager icon and select “go to EcoSmart live..”
4. Don’t log in yet, however power on the radions and attach the micro usb cable to your radion and computer.
5. Now log in to EcoSmart live and should work.
6. repeat again for the other lights.

Henryb9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good point. When I first tried to connect reeflink I kept getting error then previous owner of reeflink disassociated device from his ecotechlive account and like magic I was able to add reeflink device to my account. Done. Do you think I need to contact previous owner of xr30 gen 2 lights and have them disssociate lights from heir ecotechlive account???
I mean you could do that but ecotech is very fast, I emailed them last night and they removed it this mornings

Henryb9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the lights you don’t have to.

Henryb9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
475F12AC-87D4-4594-8557-293723BBEEBE.jpeg
D146B3F7-A947-447B-A6A1-7071B0D796C8.jpeg

OP
OP
plankton

plankton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to connect to using a usb micro do these steps first.

1. power off all radions and don’t have the micro usb attached.
2. Open and run EcoSmart live connection manager.
3. Right click the connection manager icon and select “go to EcoSmart live..”
4. Don’t log in yet, however power on the radions and attach the micro usb cable to your radion and computer.
5. Now log in to EcoSmart live and should work.
6. repeat again for the other lights.
Thanks Henry. According to ecotechmarine it shouldn't have worked because I already have reeflink connect and you can't have both connection manager and reeflink active BUT I do and I was able to follow the above steps and connect to my radions xr40 gen 2 (plugged in but not powered on), factory reset and flash firmware upgrade. Thanks!!!!!

OP
OP
plankton

plankton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just some notes if other face similar challenge. I had to contact previous owner of reeflink to disassociate from their ecotechlive account then was able to add to my account. Then followed Henry’s steps to connect devices to echtechlive via connection manager using blessed cable. I have six cables but only two worked! ECL automatically did factory reset, firmware upgrade and rebooted radions once connected via good cable. Then final act was rebooting everything, then once in ECL then creating new tank, dragging devices found from reeflink, naming them and programming schedule.

later I’ll work on pairing with Neptune module so I can do schedule from apex fusion but u can’t have both (reeflink, and paired with WXM module- one or the other)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 107 87.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back