Radion XR30 Pro G5 Testing

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And here we go. Testing usually takes 2 weeks, perhaps a little longer.

AradionXR30Prolight.jpg

OP
OP
Dana Riddle

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Testing has been completed for a few weeks and the review is partially written. I'll get it posted this month. Just need some time away from it - after testing 3 lamps in about 2 months, I burned out on it. I'll say this - the XR30 Pro is a powerful light!

U

User1

View Badges
Testing has been completed for a few weeks and the review is partially written. I'll get it posted this month. Just need some time away from it - after testing 3 lamps in about 2 months, I burned out on it. I'll say this - the XR30 Pro is a powerful light!

Are you able to share any thoughts on comparing somewhat similar lights that are new and in the flat panel design? I may have the numbers below wrong but with the two lights I know you recently reviewed they are about 50 watts and 50 bucks different (interesting on its own). Just wondering in my head what that means.

The "powerful light" comment is a interesting nugget to drop. I don't recall similar on others :D. Hope all is well!

XR30 pro g5 - 215W @ about $840
Coralcare Philips - 170W @ about $899

U

User1

View Badges
I'll get the review completed and posted by the end of August. Incredibly busy here.

Isn't it funny that when one is tired, and I'm not, that you are actually more busy than when you actually worked? I hope busy is with your interests :) I know my brother in law is crazy busy ever since retirement. However, he loves every day of it because it is on his terms and what he likes to do.

All the best and wish I could help out - even if it was something I could :D All the best!

OP
OP
Dana Riddle

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn't it funny that when one is tired, and I'm not, that you are actually more busy than when you actually worked? I hope busy is with your interests :) I know my brother in law is crazy busy ever since retirement. However, he loves every day of it because it is on his terms and what he likes to do.

All the best and wish I could help out - even if it was something I could :D All the best!
My twin brother retired and is bored. I told him to get a reef tank and he won't have a spare minute. LOL.

jdschwar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dana, I know you have recently tested the Reefi Duo Extreme. I'm hoping you can show a comparison with the Radion.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back